I have a really good excuse, I always do you know... I tweaked my back something fierce last week. The day before Thanksgiving I took the kids to the zoo in the morning and I was just fine as we were getting ready and even driving down there. When I stepped out of the car something happened. It hurt like a mother. I've had back issues in the past but I figured I'd walk it off and it would work itself out. Not so. By the time we left the zoo I was in major pain and by Thursday afternoon I could barely walk. It felt like I was in a body cast, my whole body was so tight. And nothing helped. It hurt sitting, laying down, walking, standing, it didn't matter.
It was so bad that... are you ready for this? I sent Seth out on Black Friday for me!! Gasp. I love Black Friday. Mostly I love a really good deal and I'm a sucker for saving money. I'm not like a crazy Black Fridayer, I don't stay out all night and I rarely stand in line for hours but I do love going out there and trying to grab some of the really good deals. This year we were in need of a tv (ours is an old handy-me-down that turns off whenever it feels the need) so I sent Seth. He hated it. But thanks to our good friend (Laura you ROCK!) he didn't really even have to do much. She was in line early and grabbed us a ticket for the tv and grabbed a couple other things when she got in there but it was not Seth's thing. He does not enjoy chaos. Black Friday is pure chaos. Good thing I didn't send him to Walmart.
Anyway, we got our tv but I was out of commission for the rest of the weekend. I did get into the chiropractor on Friday and I'm on the mend but it was a super frustrating to not be able to get anything done. I am forcing myself to focus on the very tender mercy that this all happened over a long weekend when I had my amazing husband home to take care of life while I was useless.
So that's my story. That's my excuse for not blogging for a week.
So for the last week... I am grateful for my healthy functioning body and for the miserable reminder of what a non-functioning body feels like.
2 comments:
Stinkin backs! So sorry Denise. I feel your pain. Way to often.
That was me a few weeks ago! very similar story with my back. My chiro got it up and running in about 2.5 weeks and now I'm almost normal again. But man, when you're down it feels like you'll never get better and you'll feel like that the rest of you life - it's scary. I hope it heals quickly for you. Then you'll be super appreciative every time you can bend over to sweep the floor crud into the dustpan. seriously.
Post a Comment