Tuesday, November 20, 2012

2-fer

I spent last night folding laundry and then working really hard on finding pictures to put on a Christmas card to order from a website that was having this smokin' deal but only until today so I had to get it all done.  I missed most of Monday Night Football trying to make it just right.  I changed the pictures about 40 times and when it was just perfect I closed the program without saving anything and lost every bit of that hard work.  Pregnant Brain.  After that I had no desire to look at any more Christmas cards or post another boring blog post.  So I gave up and went to bed.  But didn't sleep because Nash has given me his cold and I couldn't breath and it's hard to sleep when you can't breath.  Ugh.  But that's all the complaining I will do.  

Today has been a fairly lazy day.  I planned to take a nap while Nash was sleeping but tried to fit in too many little things before I laid down and he woke up within minutes of my head hitting the pillow.  So we snuggled and watched A Baby Story together.  I haven't watched that in a long time but it got me all excited about meeting this new little guy.  I actually enjoy the labor and delivery part.  Mostly because I have yet to go into full-fledged labor on my own so by the time they induce me and it really gets going I already have an epidural and it's really just down-time hanging out in a hospital room with my husband until it's "go-time".  And then thanks to the epidural (I have no desire to try natural) it's not that big of a deal.  I love the time in the hospital with just me and Seth and our new little blessing.  If it weren't for the room-rearranging and painting and wall-tearing-down and new-floor-going-in, I would say that I am ready.  But since we are trying to cram that all in before he comes I am definitely not ready.  

Gratitude Day #'s 19 and 20
I am grateful for Seth's job.  He works for a great company that is extremely family friendly.  I know it may not last forever (who stays with a company forever anymore?) but for now I am so thankful for it.  

I am also grateful to be able to stay home with my kids.  There are days when it seems like going to work would be more enjoyable but I wouldn't change it for the world.  I love being home when they get off the bus and I love spending my days with Luc and Nash.  They make me smile and laugh more than I would have ever expected.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I"ll still get a card, right?!!
Sounds like you're doing some major remodeling. Post pictures! Love ya.