It being Election Day I feel a slight need to get a little political. Or anti-political maybe. I hate politics. I'm not of the "close my eyes and pretend it's not happening" variety of haters, more of the "why can't we just all get along and accomplish more" type of haters. I just get so sick of it being an all or nothing system. One side is 100% right (correct) and the other side is therefore 100% wrong. When in life is that ever the case? Ok I'm sure there are instances in which that is true but when we're trying to govern and make happy a whole nation of diverse people in diverse circumstances it just makes absolutely no sense. It seems so much more logical that we should all give and take a little. That's all I'm saying. I personally lie somewhere in the middle. Seeing a lot of good (and bad) in both directions. I just don't know how to make that work in our crazy blue vs red/elephants and donkeys system.
There, that was my soap box. I'll climb back down now and go back to just trying my best to teach my own children to be good outstanding citizens in a country where they are lucky enough to be able to make a difference if they choose.
Gratitude Day #6
I am grateful for political freedom!! (regardless of it's personality flaws)
No comments:
Post a Comment