But now I am on a different kind of hiatus... a hiatus from sleeping through the night. So might as well do something "productive."
The logical thing here would be to update my blog. Bring you all, if there's still anyone out there, up to date on our lives over the past month and make a record of our wonderful Christmas season. But who's logical at 4:45 am on a Sunday morning? Not me. I'm rarely logical. I'm way better at random and spontaneous.
So random it is.
I am 9 months pregnant. Here are my gripes about being 9 months pregnant.
- If I'm not going to have this baby in the next day or two then there is no need for sporadic and inconsistent contractions that lead me to believe that I am going into labor when in fact I am not. Braxton Hicks and/or prelabor contractions are deceitful and annoying.
- I had an epidural with McKay when I was dilated to a 2. I have now been walking around, living and functioning at a 4 for over a week. What's up with that?
- I will inevitably adjust to lack of sleep when my cute little bundle arrives and has me up half the night with feedings and changings and all manners of "need". So why does my body/mind feel the need to start this lack of sleep schedule weeks before his actual arrival? Wouldn't it seem more appropriate to get lots of really really good sleep in preparation for upcoming events? One would think.
- And finally why am I griping about still being pregnant when in fact I know good and well this baby is much easier to tote around and care for inside my body than he will be once he's out?
My non-gripe is this, I love babies (especially my own) and I am so ready to meet Jensen. I am unbelievably excited, although not at all actually ready (no bags packed, no plans made for the other 4 children) to go to the hospital and give birth to this precious little spirit. I know my life is going to be crazy and chaotic, not that it isn't already, but I am overjoyed, almost to tears, thinking about holding him and cuddling him and being his mom. (check back with me in a couple weeks and please remind me of this.)
I thought I had so much more randomness to share but apparently the wee hours have sucked it from my brain. Hopefully, my next post will include pictures of our newest addition.
Now I will, as is customary, fall asleep just in time for the kids to wake up and beg me to pour a bowl of cereal that they are perfectly capable of pouring themselves but somehow enjoy and consume more heartily if their sleep deprived mother has prepared it for them. Life as a mother. I love it.
3 comments:
What an exciting time this is! I love that feeling every day could be the day you meet this new little person face to face. Love you.
What an exciting time this is! I love that feeling every day could be the day you meet this new little person face to face. Love you.
I still read!! And love your randomness! I hope you get some sleep and the sleep button kicks in before the baby comes!
Post a Comment