I am so dependent. Which is kind of funny because I lived on my own for almost 10 years after high school before I got married and I was extremely independent. So What happens in 5 years of marriage that makes me completely incapable of dealing with life without my significant other. Maybe it's the fact that I now have these little ones that are wholly dependent on me that makes me feel like I need help. Mostly I think the problem is that I have a very very helpful husband, so I've never had to do it by myself. I count the hours 'til he comes home every day and I cherish my weekends. I love having him around and can't stand doing things without him. We have been really blessed because Seth normally only works half days on Friday so I get a little extra time in my weekend.
So what's the point of all of this? Seth's company is going through a big transition right now and he has been working a lot of hours. Even when he's home he's on his laptop and now I find out he has to work all weekend, including Sunday.... I think I may go lock myself in my room for a good cry. Except if I ever shut a door with my kids on the other side of it they think I've left them forever and scream outside my door until I reluctantly emerge.
Oh well. I guess right now what I need to be grateful for is a husband that is normally such a huge presence in our lives. So there it is. I am grateful for my very helpful husband (and I am ready to have him back.)
11 comments:
I hope you get your husband back too! Thats no fun!
BTW...you can't possibly think that you'll post something about the banana bread and NOT post a recipe to share! :)
Sorry to hear Seth has been crazy busy with work lately. I seriously feel the same way as soon as Randy has to start working more hours during tax season or any other time of the year for that matter. Good luck & hopefully it doesn't last too much longer.
And yes. . . when do you plan to share your banana bread recipe? I'm needing a new yummy recipe to make!
Maybe that's how our husbands felt when we all started reading the "Twilight" series. We were there physically, but totally gone in every other way! :)
I will post the banana bread recipe soon I promise, I just keep forgetting.
You're right Erin and I'm a little concerned about my Breaking Dawn time this weekend, it may just have to wait until next week.
Not fair. That is one thing Mike is definitely not; helpful.
Pack the kids up. Come to Tucson (again) and we will take care of you. Even on Sunday! Seriously!!!! Pop on down and we will have a rocking great time. Okay, maybe you will just have a couple extra hands to help.
I have thought about the independence/dependence thing with marriage too - I was very happy by myself before I got married and liked alone time, etc. - now I feel like I am so used to Paul's presence.
That is great that Seth is a)home more on weekends and works close to home & b)so helpful.
I would love it if Paul had a job with less late evenings and fewer weekends of work, and no 40 min. commute each way - poor guy! Sometimes it's easy for me to pitty myself for him being gone, but realize not often enough that he wishes he were home too!
I'm just glad he doesn't have to travel a ton and be gone even more!
Oh Denise--I completely know how you feel! I cannot function unless I know Carl will be home soon and I rely on him to spend free time together. He's studying for the CPA exam now so we can't just sit and hang out in the evenings anymore and I HATE it! Ah, the curse of fun, helpful husbands...wait, did I just say that?
I agree!! I am sorry though that Seth is busier!
Aww... how sweet. :) Husbands are the best!! I know mine is. I definitely look forward to when Larry gets home because he is gone so much and has to work Saturdays too. Fortunately our baby is pretty easygoing so we manage to still find some time together. Hmm, have you heard about those velcro outfits for kids? They go great with velcro walls...
Amen Sista!
Post a Comment