I decided this weekend that the time has come to rid myself of the lingering baby weight. Mine doesn't just go away. (I have a really hard time not detesting people who walk out of the hospital looking like they just had lipo instead of a baby. Amy, Breanne... I don't detest you but I have to force myself to love you despite your skinny little thighs)
So I ate "well" this weekend to prep myself for the upcoming event. Then started off great Monday morning by actually eating breakfast as to avert the snacking that happens when I skip it. I did good all day but realized at the end of the day that I hadn't weighed myself. So first thing this morning I jumped on the scale (which I have purposely ignored for months) and there's just a little problem.... it says I weigh 20 lbs. I've kicked it and hit and even calmly pleaded with it to tell me the truth but to no avail. Is it a sign? Does a broken scale mean I should be dieting or shouldn't?
10 comments:
All excellent questions Denise. We haven't had a scale in years, they're sabatuers (sp?).
Good luck on your quest!! I'm reading a library book called French girls don't get fat. Comparing the french diet vs. Americans. In it it says you have to take 3 mos to "reset" your bodies thermstat (?). Kicking it off with a weekend of Leek Soup. Sounds crazy, but it looks interesting.
I too have finally decided to be rid of the baby weight. Tell me how it goes. Did you know Jana and I weigh the same?
I say no to dieting and yes to making small changes in your diet. Let me know what works for you with the baby weight - I've still got 15 pounds to get rid of myself!
I'm not a big fan of the scale. It feels like I'm trying to live up to the scale's expectations. That's weird that I just personified a scale.
Good luck with the dieting. I cut carbs - you get what you need without all the cereals, breads and pastas - and sweets - oh the pain - and go heavy on the salads and lighter meats. It really helped me drop the weight after Ben. It makes cooking for the family more of a challenge, but I found that Joel and I both started eating better. Oh, and I allowed myself an indulgence every Saturday night so I wouldn't cheat during the week. I'm talking a major indulgence - like an entire pint of the richest Ben&Jerry's I could find. Mmmm...
Personally, I'd like to have your old scale when you are done--I'd love to think I only weigh 20 pounds. Dieting being darned....
Oh and just because I don't update my blog a lot doesn't mean you should kick me off your blog lists... lol ;)
Jenna, I too was given the boot. I didn't know there were blog snobs:) j/k Denise! Good luck with your weight loss. I know how stubborn that last weight can be and it took me 8 months to get rid of the 50 lbs I gained. This is what works for me-- lots of water, eating 6 times a day-healthy snacks between your meals. Knowing when you are satisfied and not full. Lots of exercise. I think when the last 20lbs wouldn't come off I started working out 2x per day.
I too gained 50+ lbs like Shannon. I've got about 10ish to go. Weight training and running helps(ed) me. Stop eating sweets (or at least ween yourself to every other day then once you got that down, go longer between days). Gum helps when I want to eat chocolate and lots of water.
I switched to whole grains; bread, pasta, hamburger buns, etc.
No carbs after 6pm. Works really well. I lost 10lbs in a week and a half.
Have one day where you can cheat but don't got too crazy otherwise it's hard to transition back.
Good luck!
Thanks for all the encouragment and words of advice... I guess we'll see how it goes. Now I'm a little concerned next time I see any of you, your first thought will be "I thought she said she was going on a diet" It's ok to think it, just don't say it.
Well thank you for trying to love me instead of hating me. :)
Post a Comment