Monday, August 25, 2008

Motivation...

I have a LOT of stuff I could be doing right now but no motivation. I made it through my weekend alone and actually had fun with the kids right up until church. If it hadn't been for the fact that McKay and Kimball go to class for 2 hours of it (which seemed like it could be a nice little break) I probably would have gone home about 20 minutes in. About halfway through I decided to go out to get the girls a drink and let them settle down a little. On our way back to the chapel Kimball took off running, she ran right into the chapel singing at the top of her lungs. Here comes me trying to run in heels while carrying an over sized 6 month old, with McKay laughing behind me. I'm sure it was quite entertaining for the rest of the congregation, I was mortified, I don't normally get embarrassed easily but on top of being tired and frustrated it nearly brought me to tears. I can almost laugh about it now, almost.

The rest of the weekend was actually a pretty fun. We went to the splash pad, the mall play area, Costco for a few quick items and pizza, out to lunch with Nana, and played a lot and read a TON of books. It was a good weekend despite missing daddy. Oh and I cleaned the whole house, vacuumed from back to front, every inch was clean, was. Which is the reason for my lack of motivation. It all goes away so fast. Hours and hours of hard work and now it looks like it did 2 days ago.

5 comments:

XO said...

Your week would have zapped my motivation too. I'm impressed you made it through and did as much as you did. You rock.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

WOW! You sure packed it in while he was gone - glad you survived the weekend! As for the church story, aren't kids great? I'm pretty sure every parent has the same moments at one point or another - whenever we've had to speak or give a prayer, there's B yelling "Daddy, Mommy, Daddy, Mommy" about as loud as he can.

Bianca said...

all by yourself? dang. i guess it can be done - but i won't tell mike that.... OH NO, I WON'T EVER tell him that.

Jenna said...

I constantly try to explain to Carl that this is the reason I do not keep (or attempt to keep) the house clean. Watching it fall apart after giving up my naptime to clean it just demoralizes me. Thank you for validating me.

Marji said...

Pffft, lightweight, why were you worried? you did in no problems, except for the crooner running down the aisle in the wardhouse, but she was probably welcome relief and diversion to the whole congregation. You did great, tell Seth to travel more often, you'll feel very empowered.

Marji