Let me start by just saying that I am very grateful to have a little part-time job that gives us a little extra cash each month. (I think there is a pattern in my blogging, first show gratitude for something then complain about it... ) I only work as much as I can. My "bosses" are very good about letting me get stuff done at my own rate... which is very good because working with my kids around is a joke. Here's how my 40 minutes of work went today.
8:55 Luc finally falls asleep (he had a very bad night.)
8:57 Put a movie in for the girls and explain that Mommy needs to work so McKay can go to Pre-school and we don't have sell Kimball on Ebay.
9:00 Sit down at the computer and IM Seth to tell him I am actually going to work today.
9:02 Open all the applications and sites that I need to get started.
9:05 Kimball comes in screaming because the movie isn't starting. (Amazingly if I am in the room with them they can work the dvd player without any problems but if I leave the room all the sudden my button pushing expertise are desperately needed)
9:06 Sit down again and "start working"
9:10 McKay comes in needing a new dress, where is the pink dress mommy, I need the pink dress, (she's been in her jammies all morning but now that I'm working a dress is absolutely necessary right this minute) The pink dress is in the wash (washing for the second time because I left the load in the washer over night.) So we make a compromise and off she goes.
9:15 Twenty minutes of completely uninterrupted work. They must be destroying something but I'm too scared to go look and I need to get this one thing done.
9:35 Kimball is STARVING!!! Give me 15 minutes and I promise I'll give you anything you want.
9:45 I can hear Luc starting to fuss in the other room but he's going to have to be screaming to pull me away from this one last thing.
9:55 Hit save on the docs, send them off to the "bosses" and go save Luc who is now screaming loud enough to be picked up.
(So you're probably wondering how I can blog if it takes so much effort to work, well all three of them are at my feet and this takes much less concentration.)
6 comments:
Haha, I remember that lost shoe incident too, we thought it was really funny, so it's funny that you were mortified.
I just remembered that I already left a memory for you earlier didn't I? Well I'll do it again -I will always remember you for your wonderful roasts and always laughing, among many other great things :)
oh I completely understand! When I was working my little job from home it seemed like every time I'd sit down to work that a million things would come up - but when I sit down to blog (or waste time online) that I'd get as much uninterupted time as I could possibly want. But, if I tried to start working, suddenly the world was caving in. So frustrating at times when deadlines were approaching.
So what's the trick for getting kids to be quiet during blogging? Mine scream and try to play "Curious George" games as I am on the computer trying to download photos...any hints? Denise I absolutely cracked up at the idea of selling my kids on ebay. Buyers for mine, anyone?
I wanna know what legit job you have working from home? All of mine either pay you 10 cents per item prcoessed, and by the time you've worked a couple full days...you get only $70 in return. Bunch of crap if you ask me (sorry, this probably should be G rated). Or else, all these people want you to GIVE them money to do work from home jobs.
I hear ya...thank heaves Mattson is sound asleep right now! :) I can blog away.
LOL on the Ebay sale. Let me know if you get any bids.
You just keep me laughing! The phone and the computer are "mommy I need you right now", magnets. Whenever I am on either of these my kids show up with in seconds needing me, or screaming!
Post a Comment