Monday, July 28, 2008

My Wishes

I was trying to take a nap yesterday and as I was laying there I thought, I wish... which led to "what do I really really wish?" Like if I could really have what I wished I could have what would it be. So here they are, my top 3, at least for today. They may be completely different tomorrow.

1. I wish I could sing. And not like Celine Dion sing, just sing. Just feel comfortable in church singing the hymns and not worry about who can hear me. Or to my children, I hate that when I sing lullabies or kid's songs I feel like I am ruining their chances of ever being able to carry a tune.

2. I wish I was better at keeping my house clean/organized. I love clean. I love the feeling of walking through my house and not tripping over toys or shoes or whatever. But for some reason it seems impossible. At most I can have 2 rooms clean at a time but rarely more than that and rarely for longer than 30 minutes. (and I don't want to hear, "you have little one's ..." whatever, I know lots of people with "little ones" who's houses are always cleaner than mine.)

3. I wish I could sew. I got a sewing machine for Christmas a couple of years ago and I have loved working on the few projects that I've done but it's frustrating how imperfect they always turn out.

So what are your wishes?

11 comments:

XO said...

1. I wish I could cook/bake. It's not that I can't, it's just that I never have all the ingredients I want at the right time and so I give in to cereal.

2. I wish this summer would never end. Joel is so happy without school and just to work on the house and yard. Real life will hit us pretty hard.

3. I wish I could shut my mouth. I am a "silence filler" and I really hate it. Sometimes I say things I don't mean just for the sake of the noise.

Bianca said...

1. I wish I had enough discipline to eat less junk food.
2. I wish I had more time to work out. I miss that a lot, it's how I relieve stress.
3. I wish I could get massages once a week.

Breanne said...

Paul said "It's okay Denise, you have little ones."

Denise, you should make this a tag - ask people to post their wishes.

Me:

1. I wish I had webbed feet.
2. I wish UFO's landed in my backyard.
3. I wish Elvis was still alive.

(My mom has a word she says that kind of means the same thing as random and you can say it in this case: Chonk!!!)

Rasmussons said...

Hey Denise:
I just found your blog and I am so excited to add you to my very short list of blogger friends. I have to say that you are a pro at it!! My wish right now is that the baby is done cooking and decides to come out this week. I am soooo uncomfortable!! But let it be what it is. I am so excited to know about you more often. well, you'll see my blog is kind of boring and I have to commit to update it more often.

Hall Family said...

My 3 wishes:
1. I too wish I could sing...I also wish I could play the piano...maybe one day.
2. I wish I could have new furniture and a bedspread (ones I wouldn't get tired of). Pretty much all of our old stuff...is falling apart.
3. I wish Chocolate was healthy for your body, so I could make it a healthy habit of my diet. :)

paula said...

1. I wish I could play the piano or guitar. I can plink away at the piano, but it's pretty bad.

2. I wish it wasn't so hot in the summer, I just hate it and it is torture for me. I love escaping the cool.

3. I wish I was more of a finisher, I'm a great starter, but I don't always stick with it to the finish.

Denise, have you ever heard of Flylady.com. I'm not one to give advice on a cleaner house, mine usually looks like a cyclone just hit. She has some great ideas that I wish I had found earlier. Some of her posts are too mushy, but you can check her out. I actually realized my house wasn't as bad as I thought.

Jenna said...

I have too many wishes to count (not that I don't love my life and all) but I think these probably make the top 3:

1) I wish I could travel at will--that means having the money and time to fly to lots of great destinations (even with kids)

2) I wish I had a large, fenced backyard with trees--this was my childhood and I wish the boys had one too (plus then I could send them out to play by themselves with relatively little worry)

3) I was artistic--I would give a lot to be able to think of and actually carry out cute crafts, quilts, artsy gift wrapping, etc. not to mention it would help in actually decorating my house

Sadly, I am sure I will be spending the rest of the day thinking of more and better wishes...hmm maybe I need to do a post counting my blessings or something :)

Janalee said...

1) Assurance that my life will roll along without any major disasters/catastrophes

2) An average size house with a big farmlike property complete with huge trees to climb as well as fruit trees that harvest the sweetest most juicy seasonal fruit.And a cool river near to splash in.

3) A confident self-assured manner about me

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

1- I wish I had the motivation to do the things I know I should do every day (exercise, clean, cook, etc.)
2- I wish I was more crafty and knew how to make all the fun projects I see everywhere I go
3- I wish our backyard was in so that I could go out with Britton each day & not have to worry about him running into the street

There are quite a few others but we'll stick to these for today

Lynette said...

I wish I was DONE with school so I could do all the things I wish I could do like...Learn to play the guitar, get a dog, exercise more than once a week, cook more than once a week, clean more than once a week (ok maybe month), get organized, travel, MOVE out of Phx...and SO many other things. I also wish I could read minds. Dont you think that would be handy?! And while we are at it, I wish I could fly too.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://community.freeskier.com/profiles/profile.php?user_id=27390]SWF to Video Converter Pro 4.5[/url] [url=http://lecturer.elektrounesa.org/?u=videosealfreda1]Apollo No1 DVD Audio Ripper 1.2.47[/url]
Ideal DVD to PSP Converter 2.0 Super DVD Creator
http://www.drawingboard.org/blogs/?u=videosealeesha4 Intrance Motion Detector
[url=http://www.pinskerdream.com/bloghoster/?u=videosealdous8]ArcSoft Media Converter for iPhone[/url] [url=http://www.drawingboard.org/blogs/?u=videoseanissa3]AVI to MP4 Converter[/url]
Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 5.03 River Past Crazi Video for Walkman
http://www.blogportalen.no/blog/?u=videoseantonia4 Free AVI to MP4 Converter
DVD Cloner IV 4.70.926
my icq:858499940385