Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My BFF, Grandma Vegas and a Crooked Politician

Ok this is a little late but about a week and a half ago we went to Vegas to see Seth's grandma and my bff. It was a blast. We took the kids to this awesome children's museum (I forgot my camera at grandma's house, I'm still kicking myself for that one) and just hung out. It was great. I don't love Vegas but I love it if I get to spend time with people I love. So here's some pics.

Grandma is not your average "sit around and nit booties" grandma. She is definitely a vegas grandma and we love it. She and grandpa (whom I never met, he passed away about 10 yrs ago I think) lived in Iran for a while and traveled all over so her house is just loaded with crazy stuff that the kids love to touch and drive me crazy that they're going to break some rare artifact. But its fun.

McKay loved sitting on grandma's lap all weekend. Kimball barely gave her a half-hearted hug when we left.
Meet Diana. We were roommates at Ricks (still can't call it that other name.) My first semester there stunk, I hated it and wanted to go home. Then I met these girls in my brother's ward and one of them (Diana) pulled me into the back room of her apartment and told me she wanted to kiss my brother. I hadn't really even met her and I thought this girl is crazy. And we've been great friends ever since. She's pretty much the reason why I could have my first two kids so close together, she was their second mom and I HATE that she won't move down here to be closer to us.



Ok so this little billboard is right down from the temple in Las Vegas. Talk about a politician. You can't claim both Ute fans and Cougar fans. I think people should not vote for him purely because he's trying to toy with our devotions. Not cool.



9 comments:

Kimball said...

toy with our devotions - haha

Kimball said...

Oops - I'm logged in as my brother (for whom I have full blog editing control over at his.) It's really me, Jana

PS Were you like KIMBALL! When did you get a screen name?

Stacy Salazar said...

K- denise, and you can see I am not a good blogger. That's why I never told anyone I had a blog because then I would have to feel pressured to keep it up. But now that you know- I have no choice but to do better. Your little family looks so cute- I bet they keep you spinning!!!! I made the sour cream bannana bread and.... it rocks! thanks for sharing. love you lots and hope things are well.

Hall Family said...

haha the billboard is funny, and surprising. What a fun trip!! :)

Hall Family said...

although, I'm still curious what years you were at Ricks? I was there 2000-2002

XO said...

It's nice to see that you still got some good pictures. I hate when I lug my camera miles and miles on vacation and then forget to bring it to important outings. Ugh.

Kim said...

I too love that billboard - well, love/hate it. Politicians are the best :)

Larry and Karri said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I love family trips!! Love the billboard too. Especially the part that says "Because integrity matters!" Ha!

Melquiades said...

Forget the whole U vs Y thing, I think the fact that he is stating he's Mormon (without really saying it of course) and expecting your vote because of that is the "crooked" part.