Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympic Glory

Am I the only one that's so incredibly sleep deprived that everything in my world is being completely neglected? The Olympics are killing me. We don't have TiVo or DVR or anything special like that so I spend every evening trying to balance putting the kids to bed with watching Michael Phelps break another record, both of which are SUPER important (even though half the time I already know the results.) So is it almost over? I need to get back on a normal schedule. I'm not complaining though I love it. I've cried at least 4 times.

So what's better than the Olympics? COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! I should start a countdown. I think I'll make a paper chain so I can watch the days go by and dream of my college football Saturdays where I can watch back to back games while completely ignoring my family's needs. Oh I can't wait!!! GO UTES!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Or Go Cougars--because I mean really, who's the better team? Um, I think the last 2 years say it all....and so the trash talk begins :) But anyway, I don't think I've ever run on such little sleep (and neither have my kids since I have been too distracted to worry about little things like bedtimes) and don't worry, we live in the technological stone age too (aka bunny ears on the t.v. and no recording ability)

Lynette said...

I cry in the olympics too! I always have to turn my head so Scott doesnt catch me and make fun of me.

The Higham Family said...

I hear you- we are sooo sleep deprived over here too! Only one more week- then we can go back to normalcy.

Breanne said...

I've been meaning to post on how much I LOVE the Olympics - so yes, definitely sleep deprived here too. .... And we DO need to get together soon!