As a little side note, an admission if you will, I love red hair, I always wanted red hair. I have secretly coveted my college roommate's hair since the day I met her, thus all the teasing and telling her that she can't wear pink because it doesn't match with red and calling her that awful nickname.... all because of my jealousy for her beautiful stunning hair... *sigh. So in truth I wouldn't change Luc's hair just to get a calmer more docile boy but some days I sure do feel like sending him off to an orphanage for redheads!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Redheaded Step-child
Luc has just the tiniest bit of hair. Just like my girls, virtually bald with just a little bit of fuzz. My girls' fuzz was blonde, almost white. Luc on the other hand looks like he may be a redhead. When he was born we kept saying "is his hair red?", wondering where that might have come from. I thought it would fade so I tried not to get too excited about it and while it may still turn blonde for now I am convinced that he is, in fact, a redhead. That conclusion has not been drawn from the growth of long red locks of hair but from his spit-fire personality. This kid has a kick. He has already smacked me a number of times and screams at the top of his lungs if the girls don't give him what he wants. He's sassy and thinks it's funny to make the girls mad. Just try to get him to sign "please" when he wants something, I dare you. You know they say that redheads are becoming extinct, that there just aren't as many of them as there used to be. I wonder if that's because their parents are shaving their heads and/or dying their hair in hopes to find some peace!!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
There is no doubt that boy is a redhead! But I do have an affinity for redheads since I married into a whole family of them and I can attest they do mellow... eventually
I love olve olve red hair. I'm jealous.
that was supposed to be love love love read hair. I don't know what was going on.
My dad was thrilled when my hair turned red at 2 yrs. old. Too bad is changed to blonde later. :)
You know I am LOVING this blog. LOVING IT!!! How long did I lock you guys out of the apartment? I don't think it's fair that I ended up with no true redheads (Asher's hair has a tiny bit of red to it) and you ended up with a redheaded spitfire. I am jealous. I love that stereotype that redheads are wild and rowdy and such, it cracks me up. Love you Neese. Enjoy that cute little Luc.
haha that's funny! (the shaving or dying the red hair) I have a red-headed brother...we're all dirty-blonde or brown...except for him. And he's definitely Red...and has somewhat of that personality as well!
Yeah- I got one of those too. Kyler was born with red hair and we all wondered where it came from. He sure is a redhead personality and I too would love to send him away many of times. They definatly have spunk! You gotta love them.
Post a Comment