I have been thinking a lot about food lately. Well, to be completely honest it's not just lately. It's always. I love food. But the problem with my love for food is that I am completely, 100% non-discriminitory in my love. I am just as willing to eat the crust from a left-over pb&j as I am a Lion House Chicken Cordon Bleu. I have no control.
When Seth and I were first married it used to boggle my mind when I would ask if he want some ice cream and he would say "no, I'm not hungry." What? I didn't ask if you were hungry, I asked if you wanted some ice cream. I'm not hungry either I just want some ice cream. This could be why I've outweighed Seth for most of our marriage (that and the fact that I've been pregnant for roughly 40% of our married life.)
Anyway, I was realizing the other day that I need to be more selective in my loving of food. I have those dreaded last 10 lbs to lose and for some odd reason (gold fish, cookies, fruit snacks, soda, ice cream, etc etc) I can't seem to shed them. I often think, if I could just exercise maybe I wouldn't have to eat less, oh but me and exercise is another blog post all in itself. So I hereby vow to be more conscience of what goes in my mouth. I will no longer eat the left over pizza crust that doesn't taste good anyway. I won't finish off pudding just because it's there. I will save my love for the foods that deserve to be loved. Now I'm going to go brush my teeth and pop in a piece of gum because there are some not so delicious but extremely tempting gold fishies on the table just waiting for me to succum to my food floozy ways.
7 comments:
Oh I hear you (and I LOVE how you put it too). Joel is the same way - it's the "I'm not hungry" response that kills me. Of course, I just let him be because I secretly admire that quality, but when I'M trying to diet, all the sudden he wants to eat at In 'N Out and stock our freezer full of ice cream. JUST BECAUSE YOU WON'T EAT IT IF YOU DON'T WANT IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I CAN SAY "NO!"
oh i know how you feel, i love food too! i love to read your blog, you are funny....you take the thoughts right out of my head, i have those same 10(+3) pounds to lose.....plus i just ate colton's left over crust and fishes and I wasn't even hungry!
I must do better as well, i am with you all the way.
Oh to have the willpower! What must that be like? I not only eat when I am not hungry, I am a guilt eater. If someone makes it for me or offers it to me, I eat it because hey, I don't want to make them feel bad, right? *sigh* I guess I should try to be more selective too...
Hey - Larry and Seth must be related! Larry once turned my parents down 3 times in a row when they offered him some ice cream; they just couldn't believe he didn't want any!
HEy You stole my post!!!! (j/k, I haven't posted about this yet) That is all I do around here is EAT!! And those stinkin' biscuits are so stinkin' good!! And now that I've found the chocolate covered ones...oh man! I figure I probably eat one every time I go into the kitchen...it's like right now, I can hear them screaming my name!!! UGH! If you find an "easy way" of accomplishing this, please let me know! I'm not sure I'm ready to roll up my sleeves yet...so good for you!!!! :)
There is always room for ice cream! I am the same way. I love food, but Mitch teases me because I love little kid snack food. Mainly cereal and PB&J's. All high in calories mainly! Yikes! I am with you though! This is the year to lose the weight, and not just any weight the weird baby weight! Good to see you guys!
Your last two blogs have been awesome. Food is my biggest weakness right now and I am totally an eat cuz its there kind a girl. And if it something sweet, I am done for. (stupid sweet tooth) Thanks though for helping me be aware when I go to finish Kennedy's chicken nuggets and don't really need too
Post a Comment