Wednesday, February 27, 2008

MY DAD



It was my dad's birthday yesterday and it got me thinking about how lucky I am to have such and amazing father (my mom's pretty amazing too but its not her birthday!!) So here are the 6 reasons my dad is better than your dad, or just the six reasons I love him so very much... (it was going to be 5 reasons but I couldn't seem to cut it down so now its six!)

6. He taught me to love sports... Not only did he support us kids in all our sports (even cheerleading, what a guy) but he helped me to appreciate that being a spectator can be just as enjoyable, especially if you're passionate about "your" team. Oh and if I ever have a question about sports or athletes he has the answer, no need for ESPN when you've got my dad around.

5. He is always there to help out... which means I was able to marry the man I love even though he's not exactly "Mr. fix it" Not only can my dad fix it or build it but he is always willing to make the 80 mile drive to come up and help.

4. He taught me its OK to have fun. My first year away at college I remember dad calling and asking how things were going, I started telling him about my classes, grades, tests, etc and he said "yeah but are you having fun?"

3. My friends have always loved my dad. Our house was always the hang out house. My friends always knew they could show up anytime and it was cool. My friends still ask about dad and want to know how he's doing.

2. My kids absolutely adore him and love it when he comes to see them. I realize that its no longer all about me but that's OK. The girls are always so excited when papa Craig comes and McKay can't wait to be tickle tortured. (which i love because its no longer me being tickled)

1. My dad taught me the gospel and showed me by his example how important it is to live the gospel. I've never ever doubted that he knows the gospel is true and that has been an amazing strength in my life!!


I LOVE YOU DAD!!!! THANKS FOR BEING SO AWESOME!

2 comments:

Allie Harrison said...

I miss you guys and your Mom and Dad.Does your Dad still do "which piggy"? Does he still make you spell "please stop" when he's tickle torturing? I'm pretty sure that was the first phrase I could spell!

Allie Harrison said...

One more thing, how did you get your backdrop without losing all your contacts etc..