- Was diapering and dressing a newborn always this hard or have my skills diminished? Why can't I seem to get a diaper on him with out making a bigger mess than it was to start with? I must be a bad mom!
- Do the nutritional benefits of nursing really outweigh the pain I am experiencing? I gasp and or scream everytime I nurse him. This can't be normal. Surely good moms are better at this than me!
- Should I wake him up? He's been sleeping for 8 of the last 10 hours and its only 2 pm. If I wake him up I won't get anything done and he'll probably want to eat, ouch! I am neglectful aren't I?
- When did my little girls get so big? Kimball looks like a 5th grader all of the sudden and I swear McKay is going to walk out any minute wearing a mini skirt and blue eyeshadow. Did I miss them being little? Is it too late to enjoy their infancy... ok maybe not infancy but why are they so big all of the sudden? I should have taken more time to play with them while they were little.....
- I could sit here and stare at this beautiful little angel in my arms all day. (and some days I do) He is so absolutely perfect. How in the world will I ever keep him safe from all the junk out there?
Let me just say I'm not depressed. I re-read this and had visions of my friends calling Seth and telling him that I need to be medicated... I may need medication but not for depression. I love being a mom, I love my children, even when Luc is sucking the life out of me one boob at a time.
I just realized last night while watching American Idol (I almost cried like 3 times... thats a sign of instablity I'm sure) that I needed an outlet... and what better way than blogging?
7 comments:
I feel for you, Denise! Nursing has never been one of my favorite things. I know it's better nutrition, but oh the pain! Breanna sucked so hard I have a scar from the sore she gave me. She only lasted 2 mo.
I've experienced many of your thoughts and feelings. It's all good. Just know that sometime those hormones will get back to normal and your thinking will improve. I've heard nursing gets better, with Rebecca it actually did. I felt more "lou-lou" after having Breanna, but it got better. Just take it one day at a time.
Sure miss you guys! :) Erin T.
With me, nursing killed the whole first month with every kid. I hated that latch on and dreaded when they had to eat. And Dana was such a long deep sleeper like that too. I'd just let her sleep 10 hours. I'd think, that will be 6 extra hours that my n**ples can heal and maybe it won't hurt so bad when she wakes up.
Oh Denise, not only was that post hilarious because I remember those days so vividly, but oh so painful at the same time. I'm so glad you put up this post!
Yeah, I think mothers have automatic amnesia after giving birth and after the nursing stops hurting! That is the only reason I can figure out how we would want to have more kids! I had thrush 2 weeks after having Taya and it felt like 24/7 burning or nails being jabbed! Aaawwww!!! I feel for you! It will get better. And yes, I believe we all have our similar recurring thoughts like this.
It was so good to see you on Tuesday! Luc is sure cute!
Oh yes, and cute picture of Seth and the kids by the way - what a cute family! (Except now we just need to see one with you in the pic too).
I think you should nurse for completely selfish reasons. Just grit your teeth and think, "This lowers my chances of breast caner, this lowers my chances of breast cancer"
I actually haven't tried this yet, but at my recent OB appointment, the Dr. asked if I was planning on nursing. (I wish I had amnesia, but unfortunately I remember how painful everything was) I was like, "Uhh, I guess" and that's when he told me, "It lowers your chances of breast cancer"
So I thought to myself, "I don't want breast cancer...dangit."
Try it. Let me know how it goes :)
Yes, it really is that hard having a newborn. Art must have given Jana some good drugs or something b/c at this point I am ready to say "finito"!!!
Nursing.... oh the pain. Since James got sick he could not nurse. I've been pumping for two weeks. He just started again and it's like day one all over again :( I tried the silicone covers. They helped A LOT. James didn't seem to mind them either.
And your not depressed, just emotional. There's nothing wrong w/that. Mike keeps telling me I'm depressed, but I'm not. I'm just very sensitive and easily annoyed. It's normal. Having a baby is a MAJOR shock to your body and I think most people don't understand or forget.
Blogging is great isn't it? Speaking of I hope I don't get in trouble for writing this at work. I just had to post!
Post a Comment