Thursday, February 7, 2008



This is Seth and I am blogging for Denise because the Qwest guy still didn't show up. In fact, he (or she) isn't coming until February 13th! Denise was pretty upset when she learned that and she only felt the tiniest bit better when they told us that they would knock of $20 from our first bill since we have to wait so long for our install. Denise wanted me to tell Qwest where I can shove the 20 bucks, but I don't think it's appropriate to share on a family blog.

We also still don't have our little baby boy yet. Denise is due on Monday, but she's pretty tired of being pregnant. She's walked around the block. She's walked on curbs and steps and then this morning we resulted to castor oil. Both Denise's mom and one of her sisters have used castor oil successfully in inducing labor so we thought we would give it a shot. Denise drank some oil de castor this morning with a big glass of OJ. Testimonials on the intranet (a.k.a. The Source of all Truth) said that castor oil will cause diarrhea so it's best to stay close to home after you drink it. I personally don't think she drank enough because castor oil is a natural laxative and she didn't have any quick trips to the bathroom at all today. The good news is the last time I called home (2:35PM) Denise had three contractions pretty close together. She was headed to the couch to see if they continued. Hopefully that means things are getting ramped up and tomorrow we'll call you all to say that Luc has arrived.

One final funny story about the castor oil. We are becoming the clepto family. Last night when we went to Walmart to buy the "juice". Denise found the castor oil right away, put it in the basket and we went back to buy juice. We obviously got sidetracked along the way because we made a wrong turn and ended up by the toys. The girls wouldn't be stopped so we let them play for a few minutes. After toys and juice we headed up to the check-out and realized that the castor oil wasn't in our cart. Both McKay and Kimball had been in the cart at different times so we figured one of them left it on a random aisle and some poor, uninformed worker would have to scour the entire store to find where castor oil goes (in the pharmacy in case you didn't know). Denise "jogged" back and grabbed another bottle of castor oil and we checked out. When we got home we unloaded our bags and Denise found the extra bottle in her purse. Apparently when the girls were playing they couldn't be bothered by items in their cart so they put the bottle of oil in Denise's purse for safe keeping. This is twice in two weeks that we've stolen something from a store. One more time this month and I'm calling it an epidemic and turning Denise in to the police. Guess what our FHE lesson will be on next Monday...

6 comments:

Marie said...

First of all, I love that Denise is a Pathological clepto, which makes it totally okay.
Second of all, I think little Luc knows that Feb. 11th is just the greatest day ever. (It's my birthday:) So if he knows what's good for him, he'll listen to the doctor and wait until then...or if he knows what's good for him, he'll listen to his mom and come out yesterday.
I hope all goes well!

Melquiades said...

I remember living in Utah and constantly cursing Qwest--those were a long 9 months I had to endure. Say what you will but I have no complaints about my Verizon service.

Good luck Denise--Espero que todo vaya bien.

Janalee said...

Why is it so exciting and thrilling to wait around hearing when someone has their baby?

I don't know but it is, and I've been thinking about it and checking the blog waiting and waiting to hear the news.

So don't disappoint. The minute the baby's out, hightail to the nearest computer and post away.

(Pictures preferred)

(Especially some really unflattering ugly ones of the new mom, haha, we all secretly love those)

Kim said...

Aveys! Hopefully that baby is on his way out! I love that your family is learning how to shoplift - it's a great way to save money:)

Can't wait to see pictures of your little boy...

Breanne said...

I know something you all don't know... (said sing-songy)

(actually you probably do know)...

Bianca said...

So will you take someone else's baby home next week? Clepto's! I wouldn't be surprised.... "Oh whoops.... how did that baby wind up in our car?!?