Wednesday, June 24, 2009

200 POSTS AND A FEW TIDBITS

So I am sitting here trying to decide if I have any ONE thing that's worthy of it's very own blog post and knowing that my mind is just full of lots of little nonsensical tidbits (isn't nonsensical a great word?) when I decide I'll just start and something will come out. Then I see that this is my 200th post.

I think it's fitting that I have nothing to actually blog about. I blog because I need an outlet and because I need adult human interaction. Sadly, I get both of those through blogging. Mostly through reading other peoples' blogs. I don't feel quite as "at-home" alone with 3 kids.

So is that sad? Should it depress me that my "social life" consists of reading/commenting/writing blogs? I guess it doesn't really matter if it should, it doesn't.

I like that I can sit down at any (spare) moment and not feel like I'm intruding or bugging my friends. I like that I can keep up with friends that I don't get to see very often by clicking on their name. So that's that. I appreciate all my blogger friends. Thanks for blogging. I need you. And I love you. Ok that's getting a bit sappy but you get my point.

Oh and here are a few of TODAY'S TIDBITS:

I am done hand washing dishes. Not literally, I have a sink full waiting for me right now but mentally/emotionally I am done. I CANNOT wait for my dishwasher!

Which leads me to... 37 days until closing!!!

And of course... Who knew how much work/stress/phone calls/emails/signatures were involved in this home buying process? MY HECK!

Kimball is convinced that because we are buying another family's home they must be coming to live in this house when we leave. She's also rather worried about what will happen to their dog since dogs can't live in our house.

Did I say 37 days until closing? Does that mean I should start thinking about packing and stuff like that? Ugh. I'm not ready for that. I think I'll just have the city bring in a big dumpster and trash about 75% of our stuff. I feel like we have way too much stuff we never use.

I think that will do.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so excited for you to get your new house! It will be so much fun! :)

Bianca said...

Ewe. Sounds like a lot of work. But just think, it will finally be all YOURS! Congrats and good luck!

The Young's said...

Congrats on purchasing a house...one day I'll have one! :) If I keep saying that, it'l come true, right?

P.S. I'm happy you're getting a dishwasher. I hate washing dishes by hand!

XO said...

I detested buying a home. we were homeless for two weeks, lived with joel's grandma (the mean one) for four months, and then finally finally finally closed. mortgage companies can all bite me.

that was mean, but from the heart.

thanks for blogging. it's my outlet too.

The Higham Family said...

I used to think the same thing as Kimball when I was little. When my next door neighbors moved, I though they would have to switch houses with the new family, and I worried about "what if they dont like the other house? What if its too small for them?" And things like that. Its interesting how kids think :)