Friday, November 7, 2008

I know, I know, you DON'T care!

I can't help myself. Regardless of my readers indifference on the subject I have to do it. I am incapable of letting the moment pass without sharing my feelings about it.

Last night I almost peed my pants. It's been quite some time since I've actually wet myself.

But last night I came really, really close. I was inside, there was a bathroom close by but it really had nothing to do with the proximity of a toilet or my ability to get to it. It was more a "scared into uncontrollable urination" moment.

Just picture it, Seth, my father-in-law, my brother-in-law and my three sweet children all sitting around a computer, listening to a radio broadcast and thinking, nay,believing that all of our hopes and dreams are about to be crushed just a few short minutes...

Are you on the edge of your seat? Are you wondering what could be that BIG?

With only 2 minutes left the Utes were down 10-6 to TCU, I could hardly bare the thought. Seth literally gave up. Said "it's over!" But not me, I told Seth to take his negative pants off and get back in the game. And, partly because of my positive thinking I'm sure, they did it!! They marched down the field and scored with just 47 seconds left. And then they held them. Intercepted and WON!!! 10-0!!

Do any of you comprehend what that means? Let me just tell you, right now in college football there are only 6 undefeated teams, SIX. (Oh and by the way BYU is not one of them, in case you were wondering) (Oh and also, BYU lost to TCU a couple weeks ago.)

I can still sense a little bit of indifference from you all.... Humor me. Pretend you care.

And no I didn't end up peeing my pants... is that all you care about?

10 comments:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

last night's game was one of thebest games I've ever watched! 10-0 is a great place to be!

Bj said...

I was really hoping you peed your pants. That would have made the Utah win more bearable.

Janalee said...

I could only skim that post what with all those numbers and statistics, that's how indifferent I am to sports.

Speaking of peeing your pants though...nevermind. If my name was Sara or Bianca, I might share it, but it's not, so I won't.

Hall Family said...

haha you had me laughing so hard!!

Jenna said...

I am happy the Utes won---because then when BYU BEATS THEM, it works out better for us. Just a thought...

XO said...

with all the enthusiasm I can muster - Woo Hoo!

And, that's okay Jana, some things you just don't have to say...we just know.

Since my name IS Sara, I'll tell you - I haven't peed my pants since my mission. That's a pretty big thing for me. Wondering about the "incident?" That wasn't pee.

McKinley's said...

I was almost in tears. U just couldn't move the ball until that last little bit. Couldn't believe what I heard.

I'm glad you didn't pee your pants.

Breanne said...

We were in Salt Lake Tues - Thurs. this week (thought of you), ... heard all the upcoming hype. I knew right when I read your title that it was going to be about you watching the UofU game - seriously I called it.

I'm not even going to get into the BYU/UofU right now - but I would draw HUGE pleasure if BYU kills UofU :)

But one question? How did the score go from 10-6 to 10-0? Am I just not understanding sports scores or is that a typo?
... So when are we getting together next? ... long after BYU has crushed UofU - LONG after? (like years) -- Okay, I guess I said I wasn't going to talk.
There, I'm done.

Denise said...

Oh sweet innocent Breanne.... The score was 10-6, they ended up winning 10-13 and that brought their season record to 10-0 (10 wins ZERO losses!!) Sorry to confuse you, I really did try to keep the stats to minimum, I'll try harder next time (for Jana's sake.)

Breanne said...

No - I can see why we didn't understand the score - it looked like you were saying 10-0 was the final score. Even Paul thought that too :) - don't tease him and crush his man-ego though...
We just aren't up to date enough on UofU is all.
Anyway, have fun gloating still :)