I don't run. I try every once in a while. I even pretend to like it for a little while but in the end I just don't enjoy it. I spend the whole time looking at my watch or trying to force myself to go one more block. I think it has to do with my inability to entertain myself with my own thoughts. I get really bored. Ok, maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm lazy but I'd like to blame it on something other than that.
Seth on the other hand enjoys it. He enjoys it most, I think, when it's mixed in with some other type of exercise like biking and swimming but none-the-less he enjoys doing it. When we were dating I kind of resented his running. I felt like it took the place of some of "our time." It didn't take long for me to figure out that "our time" was more enjoyable if he got his running time as well. So I thought I was a pretty darn good girlfriend/fiance when I had no issues with him running a marathon the week before our wedding.
I've now realized I may have been a better girlfriend/fiance than I am a wife. That was the last marathon he ran. He had done 5 or 6 in as many years (pre-me) and now it's been 5 years since his last one. Ooops. Sorry babe. But he's doing St. George this weekend I am really excited for him. I hope its not another 5 years before the next.
GOOD LUCK SETHIE-POO!
Side-note: McKay was extremely disappointed to find out that daddy has no chance of winning this race. Her poor little heart just broke, when I told her he wouldn't be "first" and she was mad at me for my lack of confidence in her hero. So cute.
5 comments:
Good Luck in the marathon Seth! Hope you guys have a fun time in St. George!
Tell McKay, we will get her dad a medal and he can be "first" in the cool dads category or something. Good luck Seth! And we can hardly wait to see you guys!!
Good luck Seth!
Wahoo! Go Seth! Have fun! :)
Have a great time Seth!
Post a Comment