Seth just opened the following can of worms:
McKay: Who's is that?
Seth: It was mommy's when she was a little girl.
McKay: I don't remember mommy when she was a little girl.
Seth: That's because you weren't alive yet.
McKay: I wasn't?
Seth: Nope we made you.
McKay: You made me? How did you make me?
Me: You open the can of worms you deal with the can of worms. Not it.
11 comments:
Oh boy! He did open a can of worms, I wonder what happened next.
Oh Seth, Seth, what were you thinking?
Carl delegated birds and bees talks to me before we even had kids (the big wimp).
I want to know what he said.
I'm like the others...I want to hear "THE REST OF THE STORY!" (as Paul Harvey would say).
Seth's going to have to tell the rest of it because I honestly didn't hear how he got out of it. I'm assuming that her little 4 yr old brain moved on to something else before he answered but I don't know.
I love it!
Ha Ha! I KNOW Joel will do something like this - I just KNOW it. And I can't WAIT to see how he "deals with it."
I would love to be a fly on the wall during THAT conversation. Too funny! :)
haha I would make him "take care of that too" except everytime I make Alan do something, he's sure to make it backfire in my face (like when the fish died....you'll have to look that one up to remember) haha so I guess in the end, I'd end up having the talk with the kiddo...haha
That is funny.
On a real note - my sister and her husband gave 'the talk' to their oldest son together (when he turned 9 or something) and had a good book about it to refer to. They prayed about it beforehand and actually felt very good about the experience, having prepared and done it together and all.
Just a thought for some of us for the future :)
My parents never had any talk with me - that's what happens when you're the youngest!
I tried commenting on this the other day, but apparently blogger.com didn't like my comment. I actually ignored McKay's comment completely and walked out of the room. Thankfully she bounces from one topic to the next so quickly so I can usually ignore the impossible questions pretty easily.
- SETH
We decided Sterling would discuss it with the boys and I would do the girls. 3 to 1, I lucked out. He only has one to go.
Little ones are usually satisfied with a minimal amount of info, save the details for when they are a little older.
A quick story; one time when we were out of town I ran into the drug store to get some girl products. When I got back in the car, Brendon wanted to know what I'd gotten. He was about 8, Trevor about 11. I told him it was just stuff for moms. What, he persisted. Just girl stuff. What stuff, he continued. Trevor looked straight at him and said, You DON'T want to know. Yes I do, (Brendon hates not being in on something) So I told him, what they were and what they were used for. He listened intently, Oh, okay. Trevor sat with his hands over his face, shakin his head back and forth the whole time. Very amusing. So, you never know when a teaching moment will strike.
Post a Comment