This is a "stolen picture" had I known the meal would be so successful I may have snapped a pic but who could have guessed?There are only 4 of us (who care about what's for dinner, Luc will eat whatever we throw in front of him.) It shouldn't be all that difficult to make a dinner that pleases everyone but it's a near impossibility here. Basically the only thing that I know won't be served with "whines" is breakfast for dinner. Pancakes, waffles, french toast, they are all appreciated by my little family so we end up having "Brinner" at least once a week.
Tonight I found a second meal. Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (with or without the bread, I don't care as long as they eat it!) McKay even asked for seconds!!! Oh the sweet taste of success.
The best part is it was just bbq sauce and chicken breasts in the crockpot, shred and throw it on a bun!
Thanks for the idea, Jenna!
6 comments:
Hey, glad it worked for you--but again, gotta give the credit to Viv--she's the one that told me she had tried the twist on your salsa chicken recipe (like I could actually come up with good cooking on my own)
I love making bbq chicken sandwiches - my favorite sauce is Jim Beam. It's got that extra kick. My younger brothers still rave about it and I made it for them years ago! Slice up a bit of fruit and slap some cool whip on it. Easy breazy dessert.
How long in the crockpot??
Ooh, yum, now try same thing, three boneless, skinless chicken breast, a jar of cheap salsa, crock pot on high for 3-4 hours, extra stuff like cumin, chili powerd, garlic and whatnot, and voila, easy squeezy enchilada filling which pleases 4 of 5 palates at my house, but Ellie really shouldn't count, picky eaters should never count, it's an offense to food everywhere.
Miss you, especially since I'm at work doing my own case input on a Sunday, what's up with that?
Marji
Oh wait a minute, just read the first comment, you already know of the salsa miracle. Never mind.
Marji
Yum - sounds good! I'll hafta give it a try.
Post a Comment