Monday, September 15, 2008

McKay's Song

I am mostly posting this because I wanted to show Seth but can't get it to go through on my email, must be too big.
McKay loves to sing. And she loves to make up her own words. This started out as the song from Poccahontas. I about peed my pants while I was watching her, she is such a drama queen.


15 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh my goodness that was the cutest thing ever - I can't wait until James wakes up to show it to him. I can't believe how grown up she is!

Marie said...

Denise, do you sing in the shower? That was great! I especially loved her long note at the end. And I loved her vibrato. I loved it all.

Jenna said...

Get that girl an agent! She could tour with that act---even if just on a comedy tour (I was laughing hysterically)! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the opera queen vibrato coming out of that petite little girl!

Amy said...

A songbird...just like her mama!
he he

McKinley's said...

I think this is Seth shining through. He LOVES that song.

XO said...

Pocahontas and Whitney Houston with a touch of Primary. Loved it. I give it a 10.

Sarah Bisel said...

LOVE IT!

Denise said...

I barely sing in the car with the radio blasting. I have little (close to no) musical talent. Seth on the other hand likes to make up songs and sing them in silly voices.

I just watched this again and was laughing so hard. She was so serious. So here's my worry, she sings most things opera/vibrato and they have asked her to sing part of one of the songs for the primary program as a solo... oh boy, I can feel my face burning already. At very least she'll be entertaining, right?

Janalee said...

I can't wait to show the girls this, I know they'll watch it over and over and over. It also looks like the type of thing that VH1 would drag out when she's a star later in life, so don't throw it out!

Breanne said...

This cracked me up! Paul could hear it from the other room and asked if it was me as a child and laughing so hard, I said, No, it's McKay Avey!-who normally talks like this (insert high voice there)!
This is so cute and funny. I love that she is adding the vibrato, the deep rich voice, and the long note. She would love a singing/performing group! Do you have sing along videos for her? I loved sing along videos when I was little. (with the words and the bouncing Mickey Mouse head showing you each word to sing).
Anyhow, thanks for sharing - and you thought it was just for Seth, silly you :)

The Higham Family said...

I also loved the vibrato and the looooong note at the end- shes got it made, Denise!

Janalee said...

I was right. I showed the girls and they kept watching it over and over and stopping at certain parts and rewinding and picking their favorite parts and then went off to bed doing imitations.

Larry and Karri said...

How adorable! That is so sweet. I LOVED the last note - hilarious!!! What a great set of pipes she's got. MoTab watch out!

Sung said...

WOW!!! I am totally impressed with her singing talent. I will definitely vote for her when she comes on American Idol.

Hall Family said...

That is hilarious (the ending!) She really does have a good voice!! Makaya makes up songs too, those two would be two peas in a pod! Cute video! thanks for keeping it up so we could see too!