Tuesday, October 7, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMBALL!!

So much to cover about this past weekend but nothing as important as my little angel. Happy 3rd Birthday Kimball Pants.

Top 3 Things I Love about Kimball:

3. She is so smart. She was talking in sentences at 20 months and although she's rather shy she always has brilliant ideas. Her latest coming to her while she was on the top bunk in time-out... "hey dad wouldn't it be fun if we put a slide on the bed, that would be a fun way to get down"

2. She is extremely compassionate and thoughtful. We were at my in-laws a couple weeks ago helping trim some trees and she ran past me into the house saying she needed to get some waters. I asked her who asked her to get them water, she said "Nobody, they just look really thirsty." What a sweetheart.

1. She makes us laugh. Constantly. We're hoping to get past the toilet humor, right now she knows how to make us crack up by talking about poop or bums or other bodily functions and while it's a little "8 year old boy" for me she does have impeccable timing. And if you laugh at what she says you will most definitely be rewarded with her amazingly contagious belly laugh.



On our way to St. George for the weekend celebration - as far as she knew the whole trip was about her and her birthday.
Thank goodness for a child who wants something other than chicken nuggets for her birthday meal. Pizza Factory... mmmm that's almost worth the drive just by itself.
I just love this picture, Luc's face is like "is this really what I'm going to have to put up with for the next 15 years?" Yup. Sorry bud.
After Birthday Lunch we went to this great little water structure at city hall. They had a blast.
Then Saturday after the race we had a party in the park. All she asked for was a butterfly cake and a pink hat.



11 comments:

McKinley's said...

Happy Birthday Kimball!! Can you believe it has been 3 years already? I remember coming to see you after she was born and commiserating over life with a newborn and the "joys" of nursing. Kimball sounds so cute! Fun times!
glenna

Jenna said...

I am so so so depressed that we weren't there to celebrate with Kimball...it honestly breaks my heart. But I bet she had a great day--what a great little girl.

Jenna said...

Oh, and that picture of Luke...that is as priceless as it gets. Wow!

Breanne said...

Happy Birthday Kimball! What a beautiful & cute little girl. I like her belly laugh too, I was surprised the first time I heard it. I'm glad she finally likes Paul - at least that one time, we'll see right?
You have some great pictures there - good moment capturing! And that butterfly cake? Wow :)

Nicki said...

She is so darling! That cake made me think about the decorating class we took - you were always way better at it than me :) Happy Birthday Kimball!

Sarah Bisel said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kimball dear! Love the cake, it is super cute. Give Kimball a big hug from her best friend. I sure love that girl.

Hall Family said...

Happy Birthday Kimball!! The birthday cake is So cute!! What a cutie!! (Kimball) I love the pic of Luc too hahaha so funny! :)

Larry and Karri said...

Happy b-day to Kimball from me too! And what a cool cake! That kind of stuff is way beyond my domestic abilities. Did you do that one yourself?

paula said...

Happy day for Kimball. The cake is so cute, did you make it?

Denise said...

I did make the cake and it was extremely easy as you can tell it's just two heart cakes and some ding-dongs, when it comes to kid's cakes it's all about creativity (that and looking at other people's ideas on the internet ;)

Marji said...

I'm late to get my birthday wishes in the door, but October is a GREAT month for birthday girls, me and mine included!
Wah, she's getting so big, three already. When are you going to drive the rest of the way into the heart of Utah? Let us know.