Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Color Shock

I have lived in AZ for almost 3 years and finally last week on the deadline for registering to vote I went and got an AZ licence. I know you must be in shock over how extremely efficient and timely I am. But that's not what this post is about.

After standing in line for 25 minutes I was given a simple application to fill out. Name, Address, Prior Addresses, you know all the normal stuff. Then I got to that dreaded identification line where they ask you all those super personal questions that are really none of their business and honestly if I were to put 110 would the guy behind the desk have the nerve to say "um I don't think so sweetheart, can I have you step on our scale?" No. So why ask the questions and make me stress over my answers. I like to say I'm 5'2", I don't know that I've ever actually reached the full 2 inches but since I know they won't put 5'1 3/4" on my license I just round up, so I feel pretty good about that. Weight, well who really knows? Between pregnancy and post-baby weight loss I'm not really sure what my "average" weight is. And honestly I don't care, as long as my jeans fit over my butt I'm good to go. So I just took a guess and hoped he wouldn't produce a scale from behind his little desk. Neither height nor weight gave me much trouble on the application.

It was the blasted hair color question that I milled over and nearly made me miss my number being called. I've always been blond (unless you count that time in college when I went for a nice burgundy color and nearly got kicked out of Ricks for having "extreme hair color.") I was a toe-head as a toddler and while it darkened gradually over the years I've still always considered myself blond and done my darnedest to convince others of that too. I highlight my hair just to add a little bit more blond. But I AM BLOND. Right? So feeling like blond is my true hair color, the color I whole-heartedly embrace, I checked the little BN box and called it good.

Forget the scale, judging from the picture I should be grateful the nice gentleman didn't pull out a mirror.

7 comments:

Larry and Karri said...

Nice driver's license pic. :) Seriously, I don't even know why they bother asking about height and weight either. It's not like you can tell that stuff from a headshot anyway! BTW - kudos for finally registering to vote - hooray!!!!!

XO said...

Ha! You're so right - nevermind the weight...My DL says I'm a red head.

Bj said...

You'll always be a blond to me. You think you have a problem identifying a hair color. Hellooooo... what do I put on my DL?

Allie Harrison said...

Now see I'm ok checking the haircolor box, so long as they don't ask for my "natural color"... mostly because I don't know! I've made myself blonde for SO long I don't think I could even identify my "natural color"! And I'm a stylist! Super cute pic though, and I too will always think of you as a blonde!

Jenna said...

Ahh, Denise, reading your blog always makes me laugh...and then say, "how true!" My issue comes with eye-color. I always liked the "idea" that they were green but in reality, they look more like mossy mud. Just can't bring myself to be a "hazel".

Marji said...

Denise, you're blonde like I'm blonde, but I've got age on my side and I'm growing my own highlights. They're gray and wiry, but still blonde in my mind's eye. My mind's eye is like so totally deluded.

Marji

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/bahaya-tidur-dengan-rambut-basah