
Kimball's new nickname is Garfield. (Not because she has learned to pee in a litter box, we're still working on that.)
She has this sixth sense about food or maybe it's just that she uses her other five senses really well. I can't even pop a piece of gum in my mouth without her running in from another room saying mom watcha' got in your mouth?
This afternoon, after having a salad with me for lunch she ran off to play. I innocently ate the rest of the tomato. At least 5 minutes later she came and asked me a question I got down on her level to talk to her but her senses took over... mom I want a tomato, where is the tomato you are eating, can I have one?
On top of that she doesn't like "kid food", ie. mac and cheese, nuggets, grilled cheese sandwich, pb&j. Don't even bother her with those simple foods, she wants something more delectable. I heated up a little bit of left over Chinese food for lunch the other day. As soon as it came out of the microwave there's little Kimball by my side.
What ya eat'n mom?
Just some left overs, do you want a peanut butter sandwich?
No I'll have what you're having.
(10 minutes later when Seth is home for lunch eating leftovers from dinner the night before)
Hey dad, what are we having next?
And my very favorite thing about her wonderfully mature attitude about food is her open mindedness. She "helps" me cook dinner almost every night. Nine times out of ten when she sees the food in it's precooked state we have a conversation that goes like this
I don't like that, right mom?
Yes you do.
Oh I do, OK.
If only I could convince Seth and McKay to have that same attitude.
She has this sixth sense about food or maybe it's just that she uses her other five senses really well. I can't even pop a piece of gum in my mouth without her running in from another room saying mom watcha' got in your mouth?
This afternoon, after having a salad with me for lunch she ran off to play. I innocently ate the rest of the tomato. At least 5 minutes later she came and asked me a question I got down on her level to talk to her but her senses took over... mom I want a tomato, where is the tomato you are eating, can I have one?
On top of that she doesn't like "kid food", ie. mac and cheese, nuggets, grilled cheese sandwich, pb&j. Don't even bother her with those simple foods, she wants something more delectable. I heated up a little bit of left over Chinese food for lunch the other day. As soon as it came out of the microwave there's little Kimball by my side.
What ya eat'n mom?
Just some left overs, do you want a peanut butter sandwich?
No I'll have what you're having.
(10 minutes later when Seth is home for lunch eating leftovers from dinner the night before)
Hey dad, what are we having next?
And my very favorite thing about her wonderfully mature attitude about food is her open mindedness. She "helps" me cook dinner almost every night. Nine times out of ten when she sees the food in it's precooked state we have a conversation that goes like this
I don't like that, right mom?
Yes you do.
Oh I do, OK.
If only I could convince Seth and McKay to have that same attitude.
10 comments:
I love it!
During our dinner tonight, Alan asks me, "does ranch negate the vegetables like butter does?"
Mid dip I replied, "Why yes, yes it does. Thank you Alan!"
Denise, I'm sure your arteries are pumping strong!
A salad without some ranch just isn't worth it, unless of course I'm trying to be "good" which I'm not right now and apparently neither is Kimball! Wow, check out the ranch on her salad... obviously Seth prepared that salad for her. A good mother would tell her to eat it dry.
That is so cute! Kimball is so cute - maybe she is a future chef! You seriously are good at capturing great stories of your kids and retelling them. You will love looking back on your blog when you're kids are older.
While reading your blog, it made me think of Breanna. She is exactly the same way. She will have already eaten her lunch, see you eating lunch and want to finish your food. I completely understand where you're coming from! :)
This picture is like 6 months old (check her hair length) and we're at a restaurant so I can't possibly be blamed for the amount of ranch dressing on that salad. I do love our little Garfield though. So different from McKay! - Seth
We once had a roommate like that. he he
Amy- I think of that every time she says "whatcha' eat'n" Oh its making me chuckle right now, good thing because it certainly didn't make me chuckle at the time.
yay!! I'm so glad you're on here!! It'll be a lot of fun to keep up with McKay and now with Kimball, and now you have a new lil' one!! Congrats!!! Love you guys!--the Hall Family
I sent you an invite to my blog to your gmail account...
hehehe She's hilarious!! She's a smart cookie too!
Post a Comment