
Bitter-sweet moment this weekend (more sweet than bitter)... We traded in our beloved Outback for a minivan!!!! I can't believe we are now a minivan family. But with 3 car seats shoved in the back of that outback and the girls way too close for comfort (ie. close enough to hit, scratch, pinch, pull hair and steal toys) it was definitely time.
I've heard all the arguments for why its cooler to have an SUV than a minivan (mostly from my anti-minivan sister) but I only have two hands and with three kids I couldn't pass up automatic sliding doors and room to spread them out.
So after 5 1/2 hours at the dealership we walked away starving, tired and more in debt than before but our children were quiet and contented and that's all we really ask for in life!!!
I told McKay that we were selling our car and getting another one to which she said "no mom I like this car!" and started to force some tears... to which I responded "the new one has a tv" her tune changed, she litterally started singing "goodbye car, goodbye car!"
7 comments:
Congratulations!!! I used to be a minivan hater as well, but I've changed. It's nice to have automatic doors and a DVD player. It has made my life easier. With being vertically challenged, it was hard to get into our SUV. The minivan is just a quick step into the car now. So happy for you! :) Erin T.
Welcome. I'm sure you guys will love the extra space. I remember having 3 kids packed in the back of the Hyundai with no A/C! Yikes!
Hallelujaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy it! TV in the car - brilliant invention.
Okay, maybe I am a van hater! But I am very happy that you got such a nice van and that you have more room and you will totally love the TV's. I love mine. We just needed more room with my crazy boys. I have to say with gas prices so high it kinda hurts driving a Suburban. Love ya!
I hate the minivan. I told Mike I would rather walk than drive one. But now after having one child, a minivan is so practical! But don't see me lining up anytime soon to get one ;p
Congrats! I bet you love the space!
And then there is us...looking at trading our minivan in for a 12, yes thats right..TWELVE passenger van.
The fact that we can't fit everyone into one car and have to drive two on the weekends is just plain annoying.
We would LOVE an SUV...but lets be honest, we'd have to get a 9 passenger one...which, I might add, we'd be back to where we are now...once we had another kid.
Dawn- thanks for fessing up to being my minivan hating sister! Everytime I feel self-conscious abt driving a van I will think of you filling up your tank and I'll feel all better.
Bianca- I know its a ways off but the day Mike buys a minivan, I want pictures!!!
Nicki - I love that you guys are looking at 12 passenger vans, that's awesome. Driving 2 cars must be a pain.
Post a Comment