Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Anyone up for a run??

Being the wife of a runner/triathlete is a constant reminder of my athletic inabilities but it's also slightly inspiring. I say slightly because I've definitely learned to ignore the fact that Seth is in amazing shape and I get winded walking to the park. But having just had a baby and watched Seth run his little race I've been inspired to do a little something.

We are going to run a 5K in April and are inviting all of you to join us. It's for a good cause (not that that had anything to do with why we picked it but it makes us feel good to say we're running for a cause.) So lace up those running (or walking) shoes and get going. It'll be fun. Ok maybe not fun like going to Disneyland fun but fun like I did something that makes me feel good fun.

Here's the info:
Run for the Cheetah (who doesn't love cheetahs?)
April 26th @ 7:30 am Phoenix Zoo (free enterance to the zoo after the race for participants)
100 Yard Kiddy run for the little ones (now that could be fun to watch!)

http://www.runforthecheetah.com./

PS. I am literally the world's slowest runner so no excuses there either!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Good for you for doing that and just having a baby. I'm applauding you now... can you hear me. I'm up for it. I've never been a fast runner but I always finish and never walk although some might say I run as slow as a walker:)

The Higham Family said...

That sounds like so much fun! I've been telling Tyson for weeks now that I want to start running again-this would be a good excuse to train!

Amy said...

Go Neese! That's commitment, so soon after baby Luc. btw, check out the pic at the bottom of my blog. you'll enjoy it

Bianca said...

You guys get to do all the fun stuff!!! I'll be thinking of you in my cubicle.