I am grateful for:
3 Healthy Beautiful Children An Amazing Husband A Roof over our Heads A New Van The Ability to Laugh in Hard Times....
Which leads me to the thugs that broke into our house this weekend and stole one high ticket item (seth's work laptop and cell phone which luckily we are not responsible for) and a bunch of other things that mean nothing to them and are of no monetary value but hold a great deal of sentimental value for me.
Our Temple Bags - ok so mostly this is monetary value for us and definitely replaceable but sacred nonetheless and of absolutely no value to the punk who stole them.
My "Pink Blanket" - My sister and I helped my mom tie this quilt in the basement of my grandma's house 25 years ago! I have held on to it and yes come to cherish it. I actually still slept under it every night because while it was threadbare it was also very comfortable. It went to college with me, on my mission and has comforted my children while they are sick. I'm assuming it was used to haul the other priceless items out of my house. JERKS!
Seth's Scriptures - Only a couple of years old and a brand new case that he got for Christmas. At very least I can hope the little criminals will open them up and read a few pages.
My Grandma's Costume Jewelry - Of very little value but we spent our childhood playing dress up at Nana's house and when nana recently went into a nursing home I snatched up these precious memories (with permission of course). I loved watching my girls play with them just like I had.
My camera - It's old, it doesn't turn off all the way and it can't take close-ups worth a dang but it worked and had some very cute pictures of my little angels on it. Not to mention my rechargeable batteries!
They left an ipod, two check books that were sitting out, dvd players, two cd players, tvs, etc. etc.
They weren't the brightest of thieves though, they used Seth's cell phone within hours of stealing it and now we're going to hunt them down.... I watch a lot of Law and Order and I think I can find them within days but Seth says we should leave it to the police.... ok but they better bring back my pink blanket or else....
10 comments:
Crap! I love that you started your post with what your are grateful for. Now that's keepin your chin up. I remember that pink blanket. I'm so sorry. It feels awful to be stolen from. I hope they track down the filthy mongrels.
Denise, I'm so sorry! I had some tears in my eyes because they took those things that mean nothing to them but mean everything to you.
This is why our alarm is the 4th member of our family. I know thieves are quick and they can still get in and out in a matter of seconds but it does give me a sense of security knowing if something isn't right we know exactly when it isn't right and tell the police "yes go over there it isn't my crazy wife setting off the alarm."
I think it's neat that you started out with what you were grateful for too because in the end, it's not things that last but relationships and the gospel. Thanks for posting it that way. At least you weren't home when it happened. That would have been very scary to be there when a home invasion occurred.
How scary! So sorry they took things that meant a lot to you. I'm confused as to why they took your temple bags and scriptures, then left some of the other techno stuff. Hope you're able to retrieve it all and the police get them!
That makes me so furious! I hope they get those punks and you retrieve everything intact.
I too would love to know why in the world they took my temple bags, my best guess is they didn't know what was in them... that will be a fun surpise for them won't it.
Well my guess is that they must have been mormon. Those thugs!
I KNOW how you feel. When I was dating Mike, we (my roommates, not that Mike and I, I'm not a floozy) lived in a house near a school and one day it got broken into. They ransacked my bedroom (probably b/c they found my grandmother's diamond ring laying on my dresser and figured it was the room to steal from). It was a mess. All my belongings were scattered all over the house. Not to mention they stole our video games, dvds, bikes, etc. Punks!
I think the most disturbing thing was that they stole the ring my g-ma left to me in her will. There was a lot of history behind it and it was the only thing I had to remember her by. It's upsetting that people take things like that. I guess I had just missed the theives by only minutes. Later on I discovered a hoe in my roommates bedroom. I think they had it in case someone were to come home.
I'm glad that no one got hurt and that you guys are ok!!!
I hope whoever stole that stuff has it coming to them!
Oh my!!! I'm so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine how you must have felt. Everyone is right, they stole things that meant NOTHING to them. Like you said, probably didn't even know what they were. I hope they get caught and get their justice.
Yes, count your blessings that you are all safe and that you still have the gospel to lean on! :)
FYI, in every prayer, Talia prays that they'll catch those crooks.
(just so you know who to thank if and when)
oh my gosh! That is so scary:( Im really sorry that happened to you!
oh man! This is scary!! I do have to say, very random indeed about what they took...(leaving the things that COULD bring money right away, rather than things that MIGHT bring money...it was more like they were "gambling" thieves)...weird! (and the scriptures and your temple bags...even weirder!) But I'm sorry this happened!! When our car was broken into, it really bugged me, my sense of security was broken, and it just stunk! So I can kind of relate...but not on a Home scale.
Post a Comment