Lookin' good on Christmas Eve Morn
Chill'n with Dad, watching Christmas movies
Checking out what Santa left!I'm ready to take down the decorations and tree and get that little bit of extra space back... McKay is not so ready.
We had a great Christmas in Tucson and then a day with Seth's parents in Phoenix. The girls got more than they could have ever imagined.
We had to convince McKay that we didn't need to take our tree with us to Tucson. She really fought that one. She thought Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if we didn't have our tree with us. We finally had to tell her that we could either take the tree or the presents and she gave in. Then on Christmas eve she started talking about having to put 2 of her teeth under the pillow in order for Santa to come and leave presents. Apparently she was having a bit of Santa/Tooth Fairy confusion. That one wasn't too hard to sort out and she was fine with not having to lose two teeth.
So today I tell her we're going to take the tree down this weekend and she bursts into tears. "No mom, we can't take it down until its Christmas!" I explained that we already had Christmas just look around at the apartment littered with new toys with no place to go. She literally started crying "mom its not Christmas until we see real snow and we haven't seen real snow yet!" Oh boy! This could be a problem. I felt so bad. I'm not sure where she gets all these ideas but they are so real to her and there's no changing her mind. I thought, "well I guess we'll deal with this on Saturday when I take that tree down." Seth always a softy for his girls said "well I guess the tree stays up until we take them to see snow." What a good dad. It better be soon, I need that spot for my shoe basket.
3 comments:
Roman had the same snow notions."It's not Christmas, there's no snow". Maybe some past nursery teacher was teaching false doctrine to them.
Maybe you guys should just come to SL for a visit - I'm sure she'll see snow!
We got about 2 feet of snow the week before Christmas and about 6 inches this morning. You gotta love Upstate New York!
I'll Fed ex some to you if you get desperate.
Post a Comment