Monday, December 10, 2007

Microwave Love




I can't live without a microwave. How sad is that? Our microwave quit on us this weekend and I thought, "oh well, no big deal. We'll get a new one sooner or later." Little did I know! I now realize that there are probably 10 other appliances I could do without before my microwave. Not only is it quick and convenient but its virtually mess free. I don't have time to wash a pot every time Seth wants a hot chocolate or the girls want spaghettios. I don't have the organizational skills to remember to pull the meat out of the freezer 4 hours in advance to allow for thawing.


So the search is on... I need a microwave but I'm being swayed by colors and designs rather than functionality. I want red... why?, who knows but I do. I haven't told Seth this yet but I'm sure if I relate it to the Ute Crimson Red it won't be a problem. So besides color what else should I look for in a microwave?

5 comments:

Seth said...

How about cost? Ha, ha, you thought you'd pull a fast one on me and pass secret messages through your blog without me knowing. Cost is #1 folks. Color, functionality, size, and any other microwave feature are all distant second compared with price. I'm going to Walmart on my lunchbreak to pick up a $20 microwave.

The Higham Family said...

Having a clock on it is a nice feature. And the kind with actual numbers, not just the dial- on ours I hate not knowing exactly when 30 seconds is up!

Anonymous said...

I really have no suggestion other than to say that they are so useful we ended up putting 2 in the kitchen because of all the "nuking" that 3 kids require.

Janalee said...

I think your real problems lie in the sentence, "..everytime Seth wants hot chocolate, I don't want to wash a pan.." like he's 2 and whining for hot chocolate at your knees every night. It just paints a funny picture in my mind.

Allie Harrison said...

Hey Neesey! I need your current address please!