Monday, August 20, 2007

What are you doing?

I think I ask that question 72 times a day. At some point I will realize that 2 and 3 year old brains don't work quite like an adult brain. I used to think (like as in last week) that McKay was my calm child but she is quickly learning from Kimball how to push all my buttons and make massive messes in the time it takes me to go for a potty break. Am I the only one who cleans my house 4 times a day and still has to explain to my dear husband why it looks like a tornado hit our little apartment when he gets home from work? I've learned to clean 5 minutes before he gets home but still spotless is unheard of around here. Do I sound tired? I am. So just for the fun of it we thought we'd throw one more wee one into the mix, which may be part of the reason I'm tired. I'm sure I will be full of energy and spunk in Feb after birthing the little guy (hoping for a boy.) If I haven't lost my mind by then I surely will shortly thereafter.



The reason for the title of this blog, yes she is eating a cube of butter! We may have to watch her cholesterol levels later in life.




Our little fashionista! Lookin' good.




Nothing like a good sword fight with the noodles to settle them down for bedtime! Thanks Dad!









6 comments:

Lynette said...

That is so funny!! They are too cute! My little brother used to eat butter when he was that age. My mom would buy those big tubs of it and we would find little finger marks in it. He ate it by the handfull! I think it is just a phase:)

Lynette said...

P.S. My house is always a mess too. I dont even try to justify! At least you have an excuse, I dont even have kids!!

Janalee said...

Hey, I secretly LOVE when I see people's pictures and you can see the messes in the background. It keeps it real. And then you're not so ashamed after all.

I can relate to the futile explanations when husband gets home and you're like 'I swear! I cleaned it like 8 times today, you should have seen how clean it was this morning' And husband is thinking, 'yah right'. But then husband stays home from work for a week and is in charge of the cleaning and suddenly he's whining about the same thing and you're like, See?

Shannon said...

Denise, I love your comments... you should write a book with Jana. Now it would be titled " Our lives as domestic goddesses" by Jana Acereto and Denise Avey.
It's harder than they think isn't it. That is what I love about book club, we always end up talking about mothering/wife experiences and of course our birthing experiences. I love it... I think that is how we all get through it, laughing:)

Kim said...

Denise

I only have Henry to look after and I already completely understand the tornado effect. Why is there an endless stream of pots, pans, books, etc everywhere? Where do they get all their energy and why can't they learn to share?

Allie Harrison said...

Love your post! It seems like my boys (particularlly the baby) can make my house undistinguishable in the same amount of time it takes me to clean up the last disaster they made! Fortunately, as "the big boys" get bigger I lay more responsibility on them for thier own messes. Funny thing.... they don't make them as much anymore! It only took me 9 years to get the message to sink in, but hey! Who's counting?!