Yesterday was definitely "one of those days". Mix that with my pregnancy hormones and lack of sleep and I was pretty much a wreck by the time Family Night rolled around. Good thing I have an amazing husband who doesn't let my lack of both motivation and encouragement deter his goodness. We sat down, me pouting like a 4 yr old (as if we don't have enough of those running around the house) and started with a few songs. Nash is what we call the "happy-maker". He can fix any bad mood. Pregnancy hormones are a challenge though. Even when I know how irrational I am being it's nearly impossible to turn it around. Nash sat there punching his own leg and laughing at himself through all the songs. It makes me laugh thinking about it. But it didn't make me laugh at the time. Just a slight smirk.
Then McKay started her "lesson." She said "I want you all to think of something that you are thankful for that you shouldn't be." What? Rephrase please. "Tell me something that you are grateful for that you don't need." My heck, where is she going with this? She was trying desperately to put her own twist on daddy's suggestion for a lesson. It made me actually smile. In the end we made lists of all the things we are most grateful for.
Here are some of my favorites from their lists:
Luc is grateful for our couch (I hate our couch. It's old and stained and I'm ready for a new one, but this made me smile. He doesn't care. He is grateful for it. Too cute.)
Kimball is grateful for mistakes that help us to learn. Me too Kimball. Me too.
Seth is grateful for college football and a wife who loves sports.
McKay is grateful for Mormon Messages. We showed them one the other night before bed and now she's addicted to them. She's probably watched 10-15 of them in the past 3 days. She is so good. This is her favorite Sharing Your Beliefs
I am most grateful for my family right now. They are amazing. Even when I'm a hormonal mess they love me. I am so lucky. And super blessed.
1 comment:
Loved this post! I am still amazed at how children have a way to get in deeper into our hearts which are humbling and extremely rewarding.
Post a Comment