Halloween is still three days away and I am feeling like it should be long gone by now. Don't get me wrong, I like Halloween, I think it's a cute little holiday (cute? ok maybe not always cute but with little one's it usually is somewhat cute.) Plus we invoke a chocolate tax on all candy coming into our house so we usually end up "enjoying" the festivities as well. Just a jump start on the Holiday Weight Gain.
This year Nash was my only child who allowed me a say in the costume decision and let's be honest that's only because he can't talk yet therefore he really doesn't have a say. Actually now that I think of it I did brainwash/bribe Luc into his Ninja costume that I bought last year after Halloween for like $2. Just needed to "suggest" it a few times and then offer to throw in a couple new swords and he was sold.
The girls chose on their own. McKay started of by saying she wanted to be Lady Gaga. (I have no idea how she even knows who LG is...?) We cleverly transformed that into a "Funky, Rock Starish Girl." As long as it involved makeup and dangling earrings she was good. Kimball wanted to be a Scary Zombie Princess. After lots of explanation and a little web searching we figured that one out too. Although it was short lived. She didn't want to even look at herself in the mirror and she hated people telling her how scary she was. So for the 2nd Trunk or Treat of the weekend she changed to a Rock Star along with her sister. Normally I'm not one to indulge children in changing their minds about costumes and starting all over but I thought it was sweet that she didn't like being scary so she got away with it. I'll have to post some follow-up pictures after Wednesday when we finish up this week long celebration.
The kids have adapted the Avey tradition of the Great Candy Divide. They throw it all on the table and take turns picking their favorites to divide it up. (after mom and dad have collected their taxes that is.)
1 comment:
I think the candy divide is a great idea, wish we had done that.
Jordon was a dead groom one year. It was his idea and he looked great: dead flower in the lapel, goulish make, powdered and sprayed hair. Very cute...I mean cool:)
Post a Comment