I love seeing my children's little personalities come out. Those quirky little characteristics that are just their's and make them so unique are endearing. Well most of them. I suppose some of their quirks also drive me nuts but that's a different post all together.
Nash is definitely at that age where he's showing us more and more of his personality each day. He is a spit-fire. A lot like Kimball when it comes to his "will." He knows what he wants, that's for sure. He's hilarious too, (also a Kimball trait). He loves to make us laugh.
Back to quirks though. He is my trash man. For a couple months there I really regretted ever showing him how and where to throw his diaper away. At first thought it seemed like a good idea. Change a diaper, hand it to him, he throws it away, I get on with my life. Then I realized he had an affinity for throwing things away. Remote controls. Sippy cups. Shoes. And I'm sure there are many more that I just never discovered. It's taken a couple months but he's finally figured out (for the most part) what is trash and what isn't. He's even gotten to the point where we can tell him to put it in the recycle and he knows the difference. He's a real prodigy. I'm thinking of getting his IQ tested.
At church on Sunday I had him in primary with me (he graduates to nursery this Sunday!!!) and he spent a good part of the hour walking around picking up little pieces of trash from under kids' seats and throwing them in the trash. It made me smile. I'm pretty sure a few sweet children may have lost their Primary Program speaking parts to Trashy Nashy. Then today at the park he started picking up trash from all over and taking it to the garbage cans. Too cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment