Monday, October 22, 2012

I just sat down to fold laundry.  Monday is "officially" laundry day.  Which really just means I try to get on top of it, so it doesn't feel like we're drowning in a mountain of dirty clothes.  I wish it meant it was the one time during the week that I did it and then I didn't have to think about it for the next week.  Alas, that is not the "season" of my life right now.  So anyway, I was saying I sat down to fold laundry which is means that I get to find something moderately entertaining on tv to help me get through it without dying of boredom (I am one of those people that needs constant entertaining).  I like to watch hgtv or something slightly disturbing like First 48, things that Seth would rather not watch with me.  But lately my laundry folding time has been seriously affected (effected?) by our lame tv.  It's old.  I think.  I don't really know, we have yet to purchase our own tv in 9 years of marriage.  It passed on to us.  Well it has this nasty habit of just turning off.  No rhyme or reason.  Sometimes it happens after it's been on for an extended period of time (like in the 4th quarter of a football game!) and sometimes it goes kapoot after just 2 minutes.  The one consistent though is that it won't turn back on for a while.  Lame.  So instead of folding laundry while listening to music or contemplating the deeper things in life, I jump on my ignored blog to complain about how I don't have a tv to watch.

Other things I can write about to take time away from laundry:

Soccer:  our girls are playing soccer again this season.  Very non-competitive city-league soccer.  They moved up an age level and it's slightly sad.  They are really getting skunked.  I feel for their tender little hearts.  McKay said last week after another bad loss "mom, I don't want to be that team that everyone knows is easy to beat."  I know they are learning and growing but man it's hard to see your kids sad.

Halloween: what happened to cute little coordinated family (kids only) costumes that every one ooohs and ahhhhs over?  I'm so not excited about their choices this year.  So not excited that I haven't really done anything to prepare for it.

Primary Program:  the annual primary sacrament meeting is this coming Sunday.  This is the first time I have ever been involved in the planning and preparation of said event.  It is way harder and more stressful than you think or would imagine.  I am ready for it to be over.  Now if we could just have about 12 more practices to get ready.

Tired:  I think being pregnant at 36 is way harder than being pregnant at 27... I am tired all the time.  I fall asleep on the couch pretty much every night and wish for a nap about 7 times a day.  12 more weeks.  I hope I can get my house in order before then!!!  12 weeks?  Crap, all the sudden that seems way too close.  Anyone want to help me de-clutter my house and rearrange the kids' 3 bedrooms and paint and deep clean and put in new flooring... Now I really am tired.


1 comment:

paula said...

Yes, I had Jordon at 37. Tired was my middle name.

I like some of HGTV, not as much anymore. I hate to say I love Criminal Minds. I know it is gruesome, but I find it fasinating at the same time.

Our kids have been on many losing teams. We talked alot about doing their best and not worrying so much about the out come. It really is a good life lesson that the only person you can really control is you. (this will be more apparent as they get older and need you less)

I always tried to make costumes with parts from Goodwill or DI. It was a challenge to do it under $10. Not sure you could do that today. Remember, you are still in charge and have veto power over a poor choice.

Amen to the program. I'm certain there are angels assigned to helping make the primary program run smoothly and singing a long when needed.

Hang in there. You're awesome, so don't forget it.