1. I do not like the smell of Lemon Clorox. I like bleach and I use it to mop my floors every once in a while. It makes me feel like my house is squeaky clean (even when it's not.) When I went to get bleach this last time Clorox was on sale so I splurged (.15 more than the store brand) and since I love lemons I figured I'd love Lemon Clorox. Nope. It isn't at all what I had imagined. A swimming pool full of lemons? Not sure what I expected but it wasn't what I got.
2. I am always blessed when I serve others. I need to remember that when people ask for my help. I usually help out when I can but sometimes it's done with a bad attitude. I watched a couple of kids this morning for a couple hours. And I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, that I would be able to get stuff done while they were here. That was not the case this time. And I got a little frustrated. Not at them just at the fact that my house was a mess and I wasn't doing anything about it. Then I made a conscious decision to just let it go. Sit down and play with the kids. Hold them. Whatever would make them happiest. And most of all let it go. Just not worry about it. They came and went and my house was still a disaster.
Nash ended up falling asleep right before I was supposed to go pick up Luc. Now I was the one who needed a favor. I called a friend and asked if she could bring Luc home. She picked him up and kept him for 2+ hours. Paybacks. In full.
Then my kids came home and have been playing nice and entertaining Nash for the past hour. My house is very nearly clean and I think I may even get a shower in. And we are going to a friend's for a birthday BBQ so it might actually stay clean for a while. Blessings. And I truly believe it's because I decided to help out a friend. Only thing that would make this better would be if it smelled like I dreamed. Oh well. I'll take a clean house and happy kids. Even if it stinks.
1 comment:
Post a Comment