Monday, April 4, 2011

Soccer Day 1

I have entered the world of soccer-mom-dom. I have had the minivan for 3 years but now that we finally signed the girls up for soccer I'm feeling official. McKay is a trooper, loves the competition of it and is actually a fairly good goalie, not afraid to attack the ball. Kimball is also a trooper but more of a "supportive" trooper. She runs up and down that field like nobody's business and comes with in inches of the ball quite often but she has yet to attempt to touch the ball. At her first practice after being (gently) told she was going the wrong way she stomped off the field and declared for all the other experienced and seasoned soccer moms to hear "I HATE SOCCER!" So honestly we were just proud of her staying on the field at the first game. Luc thinks he should definitely be allowed to play. But for now he'll be their little cheerleader.
Arriving a full 10 minutes early! (the games are at 8am every Sat! good thing I didn't know that when we signed them up I might not have done it.)
There were no subs so they played the whole 40 minutes!
I forgot to buy them soccer shorts... McKay is wearing Luc's shorts! And they totally fit.



No comments: