Monday, April 4, 2011

Horseback Riding

Kimball has been asking for months if we can go ride horses. I have repeatedly told her that I don't know of anyone who has horses, to which she would say "let's go to Uncle Dale's house, he has horses." Uncle Dale lives in Alberta Canada. She didn't care. She was more than willing to make the 1400 mile drive as long as it meant riding a horse. Luckily when Seth's mom heard about her "dream" she came to the rescue. She has a friend (Billie) with horses and arranged a riding time.


We made McKay go first because Kimball looked nervous and well Luc is only 3 so shouldn't his oldest sister show him the way. Mistake. She was terrified. She didn't want anything to do with it until Billie offered to ride with her.


Luc went second because he could hardly control his excitement and we couldn't hold him back a minute longer. He LOVED every second of it. It was super nerve-racking for me. He kept sliding to one side and turning around and saying "yee-haw" and I was sure he was going to fall off. And look at him, he's tiny. That horse is huge. He didn't seem to notice.




Kimball was in heaven. Billie told her she was a "natural" and even let her steer BJ all by herself. She grinned from ear to ear the whole time. I felt like a super good mom for making this happen. Oh wait, I didn't make it happen, oh well, it still felt good to see them so happy.

McKay did end up getting on by herself and while she didn't love it as much as the other two I was proud of her for conquering her fear.


So here's to horseback riding! Look at my little Rodeo Princesses, they are too cute!

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

I think that's a fun experience! I remember when I rode a horse for the first time---and it was the last time too. I was scared stiff! But I say way to go for McKay getting back up there and I love Luc's enthusiasm and I can just see Kimball being so excited for a dream come true!