Thursday, February 4, 2010

FAMILY FUN

Two days in a row was all I could muster? Pretty pathetic. I have a really good excuse though, we've had a little family excitement and on a whim we're throwing together a make-shift family reunion for next week here in Phoenix so I've been busy worrying about how we're going to make it all work out. My 4 siblings, their spouses, my 18 nieces and nephews and my parents will all be coming so I'm very excited.

So this is a question I meant to ask you all about 3 weeks ago when just my one sister was coming now it's even more needed; what are some of the things that make staying at some one's house more comfortable/enjoyable for you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my sister in law puts water bottles by the bed and chocolates on the pillow!

Breanne said...

Well this is kind of a tough one b/c it can cost extra money, but as a guest, it's nice to have a little food you like around the house - can be a little less cost to just tell your company/family you want to go to the store together when they get into town so that you know you have food they like (and maybe they'll offer to split).
Setting clean towels out, showing them where all of the things they can help themselves to are - I think those all make a more a comfortable stay - but the thing is, you've already got it taken care of because you're laid back and wouldn't be the type to give hesitant reactions to impositions that guests sometimes just have to ask (have you had that? where there is hesitation from the host about everyday guest impositions & it makes it all awkward?) -- so just based on your personality - you've already got it covered!

Those are my crazy thoughts :)

Breanne said...

Oh and a much delayed yes to your comment - yes, we have to get together soon!
Seriously.


No, for real.

Not kidding.

Get. Together.

paula said...

Clean towels and wash cloths.

Clean bathroom.

Cooked breakfast. My dad is real funny, but if I don't cook for him sometime while he is here, he feels a little like we didn't want them to come. It is kinda weird, but I try to cook a good dinner or a nice breakfast.

A comfortable mattress. My mother-in-law's guest mattress is like a rock and all the family has commented on it. Try the bed, get a topper if it needs one to make sleeping a little more comfortable.

Time together, playing games, having some munchies. We are so busy sometimes when they are here, I don't feel I have time to spend with them.

Have fun with the family. The outside weather is great, so do something outdoors.

Sarah Bisel said...

I like gourmet meals.

Also, the Oprah treatment, you know, find out all my favorite cosmetics, clothes, and personal items. Then tell me not to pack, and provide them all for me.

But, that's just the small stuff, I am sure you can think of something bigger and better to let guests know you love them.