Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ok quickly quickly so I can move on to my mind's current preoccupation...
The Girly Girls' March Madness Bracket Update:
  • Tied for 1st Place: Denise and Sarah
  • Tied for 3rd Place: Kiana and Jenna
I'm still working on a really great prize (which basically means I haven't gotten around to it yet but I will.)

Ok so here's what I just did. I went to Joann's and found some great fabric (ok it wasn't amazing fabric but for the cheapskate novice that I am I think its pretty great.) And I bought it. 5 different fabrics. Coordinating/matching. 40 some dollars. (shhh don't tell Seth) Really cute. Full of "beautiful quilt" potential. I just have one little problem. I have no plan. No thought of how to use these great fabrics to make a "beautiful quilt." So there they sit. I keep staring at them thinking if I look long enough and really concentrate then maybe I'll have a glorious vision of how they should all fit together. Crap. I'm pretty sure this isn't the correct process for quilt making. I'll post some pictures of the fabric soon. Then you can all oooh and aaahhh and tell me how beautiful it will be once I figure out what to do with it.

Oh and isn't my new blog background perfectly boring... I know it's pretty sad but it makes spicing up the actual posts so much easier. And I'm all about simplicity (actually I'm not, I'm the master of making things more difficult than they should be so maybe this is a start towards a new and simpler me.)

Here's my fabric... now tell me what to do with it!!!



6 comments:

Breanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breanne said...

I love the pictures you chose at the top; especially Kimball's!

I don't think your blog is boring, but I tend to like minimal things; 'less is more' - I remember in the interior design class I took at SCC the teacher looking up mid-sentence to see a take-off quote of that saying that I just quoted, but instead saying 'less is more is a bore' and she just stopped and was like 'that quote is stupid. Whoever put that quote up there - I don't agree. She was almost repulsed and it cracked me up.

Anyhow, guess you definitely had to be there.

I want to see the fabrics you chose! The blanket you made for Taya has such cute fabric & we love it!

Thanks for letting us park the
4runner at your house - too bad we didn't see you though!

...When will we see you?

Hall Family said...

cute fabric! I even wouldn't have seen the vision to put those together! You did great! I"m sure something will come to you soon about what your final result will be. :)

Sarah Bisel said...

okay...first of all....I am so proud of myself at being tied for first. Am I that Sarah????

2nd....how much of each fabric? Do you have a favorite you would like to showcase? Or do you love them all? Good job on picking some great fabric. If Seth ever complains about fabric just have him talk to me and all his concerns will wash away.

Jenna said...

lovely fabrics but my mother is the quilter, not me. I am always a fan of the simple stuff--squares are always easy and go with every decor! While you're at it, just double the order and make one for me too, would ya? ;)

Denise said...

I think my biggest problem is I have kind of changed my mind, I started out really liking the light turguoise with flowers but now have decided it might looked a little casual or childish compared to the other ones. And of course I have the most of it. But i just need to go with it, right? SARAH!!! HELP! Oh and by the way, yes you are tied for first with me. WAY TO GO!