Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rockstar

Kimball is a Rockstar! (That's the new hip way to say someone is cool or awesome or totally rad.) Just in case you didn't know that. Anyway back to my rockstar 2 year old, she's potty trained! Thanks to Jana. (I bet you didn't know you helped out.)

On Friday I told Seth that Jana potty trained Damien cold turkey, just went for it and dealt with the accidents. Apparently Seth thinks that Jana knows a thing or two about potty training (I think he's over estimating her abilities, maybe she just has really good kids, all 6 of them, that do exactly what she says and it has nothing to do with her.) Ok so this is about Kimball being a rockstar not Jana back to the topic on hand.


So with Jana's little theory tucked in our brains we went for it. All or nothing. I tried to give up on Friday and again on Saturday. Put her in diapers I yelled... but Seth wouldn't have it. Even after I had to put the laundry basket outside because the house was starting to smell like urine, he kept at it. Giving her clean panties over and over.

Well he (and Jana) was right. It worked like a charm. By Sunday she was peeing like a pro. So she got her new barbie and some princess panties and today everytime she has to pee she comes running to me saying "I'm potty trained so I need to go potty!"

6 comments:

Janalee said...

Are you serious?! How many days total did it take then? I'm so happy, now I can promote this theory even furthur. And it's not even my theory, I picked it up somewhere along the way.

Always glad to help.

Breanne said...

Those dang diapers that we love so much make it WAY too comfortable for the babes to sit in their own pee pees and poo poos! Go Kimball!

Marie said...

Shoot, I want some new barbie panties. Lucky Kimball! Tell her good job for me.

Hall Family said...

Wow that's pretty good!!! Congrats Kimball!! And mom and dad!! Seth sounds just like Alan haha (It took us forever--we did the cold turkey, two or three times and it was horrible--I totally relate with your "get the diapers!" but Makaya eventually got it and then she night-potty trained herself. I didn't know there was two aspects to the whole pottytraining thing! Now with Kason--I'm dreading it!!! :)haha)

Denise said...

Serious Jana, and it only took 2 days really. She's had a couple little "didn't quite make it to the toilet" accidents but other than that she's done. Night too. I put a pull-up on her the first night and that was it. She's done. So patent your little theory, write a book, I'll endorse.

Bianca said...

Cool, now I can use this theory on Michael.