5 YEARS... Seth and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary this weekend. Five blissful years. Ok maybe more like 5 blissful months before the first pregnancy started hindering the bliss but they have been wonderful. I honestly have the world's best husband. We went out to dinner and saw Ironman. Not exactly the trip to France that we had dreamed of for our 5th anniversary but it was nice.
Cake Maddness: I some how volunteered to make a cake for a lady in my mother-in-law's ward who's son was leaving on a mission. It shouldnt' have been a big deal. It was that complicated but it took all day on Saturday. The first cake broke in to about 5,000 pieces when I turned it over and I had bake a new one. It was a joke. In the end it turned out pretty good but it was a long day. Oh and this is after I some how got roped into teaching a cake decorating class for my mother-in-law's enrichment on Thursday. I am all caked out. No more cakes. Until next month when I make two in the same day for McKay and her cousin T. Jay's joint birthday party.... let's not think about that right now.
Mother's Day: Once the talk was out of the way it was a wonderful day. Seth and the girls (and Luc too I guess) gave me tomato plants. I was so excited. I love tomatoes and had really been wanting to plant some for a while. We planted them for FHE last night. Thats when we realized that we don't have any gardening tools (apartment life.) So we used McKay's sand shovel and a large serving spoon. It worked just fine.

4 comments:
Congratulations on the anniversary!
I hear you about cakes. I'll go a long time without doing one, then I'll have 4 or 5 all due in the same week.
I didn't know you were a little cake baker/creator. That's a cute cake, and happy anniversary
Happy 5 yr anniversary, doesn't it just seem like yesterday that we were all dating & getting engaged, it's hard to believe it's already been 5 years! That trip we took up to Washington for your wedding was unforgetable.
The cake is so cute, what a clever idea. I hate to tell you this, but in Phoenix, you need to plant your tomatoes in February. I know, it took me a while to get the hang of it, but spring comes early around here.
Post a Comment