Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Update

Utah football was a total bust this weekend.  It was still a lot fun to go to a game since we only get to go once a year but man did they play awful.  The best fan "jab" of the night, during the 4th quarter we're down by like 30 points and sucking it up on both sides of the ball but our band was still just playing their little hearts out, I mean like after or before every other play they would play something.  A guy from the ASU crowd close to us yells "next time leave your band at home and bring your defense!"  I loved it.  Made me laugh because it was so true.  I love sports.  Especially college football.  Just sayin'.

Sunday was a rough morning.  Maybe it was an extension of the loss Saturday night or being up so late, I don't know.  But I woke up and told myself I was going to be really patient and loving while getting ready for church.  I didn't do so well.  Seth has to leave a half hour before us to help the deacons set up chairs and being the amazing husband that he is he usually takes a couple kids with him so I can finish getting ready.  This week even with 2 kids out the door early I was still late.  I hate being late for church.  I did my makeup in the car on the way (I know that sounds dangerous but I mostly just do it at stop lights so it's not too dangerous.)  Anyway, I got to church just before the opening prayer and i was not in a good mood, definitely not in the right mood.  Which made sacrament really long, primary super exhausting and frustrating and me even more grumpy by the end.  I guess I'll try again next week.  Yesterday felt a bit like a failure.  I hate days like that.

Wow this sounds like a depressing weekend.  It wasn't really.  Just some not so stellar moments.  So grateful that my Heavenly Father is patient with me even when I'm not.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I heard it was a rough game. All Moms have those Sundays now and then. Love you.

Seth said...

I appreciate the fact that Denise omitted the part about Sunday morning when I screamed at every child in our house (except the exchange students). I was the primary reason why we all started out on the wrong foot.

She also forgot that we had a really fun time at my sister's house in the afternoon celebrating a birthday.

Seth