Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday...

So today is already better than yesterday.  I got rained on first thing this morning after doing my makeup but when you live in a place as dry as Phoenix, the rain is always welcome, even if it means I have mascara all over my face.

Blessings can come in the most unexpected ways.  A few weeks ago a good friend of ours asked if I would be willing to watch their little boy a few hours a day.  I immediately said yes.  Which is so like me.  I never think things over, I am extremely spontaneous.  (Thus our 5 exchange students over the past 2 years.)  Sometimes my spontaneity is good and sometimes it can drive Seth absolutely nuts.  He needs time.  He needs to think things over and weigh the pros and cons.  I think we're a pretty good balance.  He's taught me how to plan and analyze and I have convinced him (or forced him) to just go with the flow from time to time.  

Anyway, after agreeing to watch him I did wander if I had gotten myself into something I would regret.  Luckily I knew that if it didn't work out our friends wouldn't be offended and we'd just figure something else out.  


Let me just tell you what a blessing it has been.  Luc has a friend.  Sometimes more like a twin brother, you know the whole "love/hate" thing.  But they entertain each other so well and I am getting more done than I have in a long time.  I've also realized that boys are so much easier than girls.  At least in the "playing together and getting along" part of life.  They can be so mad at each other one minute and they are literally laughing and playing the next.  I don't even have to intervene.  They just tell each other how they feel and then move on.  My girls can hold a grudge for years I swear.  Girl emotions are so tender and easily provoked.  Not these two boys.  And on top of it all they tolerate Nash.  


I am so thankful for these tender little mercies in life.  They make each day a little easier and more enjoyable.  

While they are being crazy and playing I get things done while listening to conference talks.  I listened to this one yesterday and cried.  I am so grateful to be blessed with my beautiful children.

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/children?lang=eng&query=children


2 comments:

Seth said...

Why does our grass look so terrible in this picture? I swear it looks much better than this in person! -Seth

Amy said...

First, I like that Seth signs his comments. Second, I'm glad everything worked out so well for Luc and you!!! Miss you.