Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day

Sometimes when I'm perusing other peoples' blogs I see their blog list on the side bar and it says somthing like


Avey Family


6 days ago



And I'm like "nu-uh!" And then, as if the great blogger calculator must be on the fritz, I run back over to my blog to check. Because there is NO WAY it's been that long since I blogged. I blog like every other day I swear! But alas, the blogger calculator is always right. It has been 6 days. And sometimes it's been like 6 weeks then I get that dreaded 1 MONTH calculation and I feel bad because I missed a whole month of our lives. Or at least missed writing anything about it.




So here I am blogging about blogging no it's worse than that I'm blogging about not blogging. Which pretty much makes this post null and void because it has no point. Ugh. It matters not how I try!



So lets make this worth something.


MEMORIAL DAY WITH THE AVEYS!





We took the girls to Nana and Papas on Sunday night and "let" them have a sleep over with their cousins. Luc was so sad. Not that he wanted to stay he just wanted "KayKay and Kimbo" here with him. It was sweet.


Monday morning we went and cleaned my car then headed up to Nana's for a day of swimmning. It was beautiful. A high of like 87! Which is unheard of in Phoenix, it's usually in the 100s by now.




We bbq'd. I think that's a requirement for Memorial Day




In the afternoon we took the kids for a drive through the National Cemetary. It was very touching to see all the flags and take a moment to remember those who have gone before us. Mckay begged us to take her back when we could get out and walk around. A girl after my own heart. I love cemetaries!




Dinner at Culvers! Which I thought was delightful but Seth thought was a bit chaotic. I think after 4 days of being home with the kids he was ready to head back to the quiet confines of his cubicle. I would like a cubicle sometimes too. Would that be weird to put up a sound-proof cubicle in my home?




Phew! Now this post counts. Awesome.






*Warning: spell check must not be working because it says I have no misspellings and it always picks up on Luc's misspelled name. So excuse any misspellings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am seriously considering a permanent veto on Culvers. Yes, the food and ice cream is good, but my kids go bonkers in there. It's like hooking their little arms up to a sugar I/V. Have you seen the game Skittles where you wind up the top and it knocks down all of the wooden pins? That's my kids in Culvers. Wind them up with sugar and see how many people they can run into.

- Seth

paula said...

Nice post. We love hearing from you, no matter the time span. I'm lucky if I get two in a month during school. Always fun to read up on what you have been doing. Loved the cemetary idea, reminds us of what the day really is about.