We had a very fun day on Saturday as we celebrated McKay and her cousin T.Jay's birthdays at Seth's sister's house in Chandler (I cannot believe they are both 7). The kids played games, cracked open a pinata (after many, many hits with the wiffle ball bat), ate dinner, opened presents, and ate cupcakes and ice cream. After all of that fun you would have thought that the kids would have been full of praise to their loving mother for all I do and have done for them. Not so. Here's the conversation we had as we drove away from their house:
Me: Everyone be quiet because I'm going to sleep and Dad is going to carry me to bed when we get home.
McKay: Then Dad will faint.
Me: That's not nice. Are you saying Dad isn't strong enough to carry me?
M: No, I'm saying you're too heavy.
Me: Hey, that's not nice.
M: I'm not saying you're fat.
Me: Thanks
M: I keep talking and I'm making it worse.
Me: Yeah, maybe you should stop.
M: Well it's true...not that you're fat. I need to just shut up.
Me: That's the best idea you've had all day.
I didn't actually say that last one, but I wanted to. Kids definitely keep us humble.
4 comments:
she's getting quite sassy isn't she?
Well you did just have a baby!!! I get nice and plump when I'm pregnant :) it takes a lotof work to get rid of the weight and keep it off. I'm not one of those who likes to restrict what I eat either.
HAHA! You are not alone...My brother recently posted this on Facebook:
Bella, Lydia, and I are quietly waiting for Christina to get out of Relief Society today. An overweight woman walks by and Lydia (3) yells to me, "Whoa Daddy! That's a big butt! She has a big butt!"
I need to see this McKay with attitude. Because I totally believe you, and at the same time, you're right she has been so sweet for so long! So that is scary! Taya just told me today 'Go away!' half out loud/half under her breath. I was NOT happy. And the future of our next 15 years at home together flashed before my eyes - scary! But then I tried to be optimistic again.
I liked reading these last few posts. Not sure how I missed them before. I was sad I missed you guys at the Wests a couple of weeks ago. And with all that talk of seeing each other, I had to go and get sick.
Anyhow, you should come over soon - and teach us about friend-making 101, since you've done it in the last few years. Because we need friends in this new ward! It's okay though, we'll get there eventually.
Hope you're doing well! And I'm sure you did a GREAT job throwing that birthday party!
Post a Comment