Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Quickie...

I have been reprimanded. Seth told me that if I'm "going to use my blog as journal" than i need to be better about updating it. Ya ya ya. More like if WE'RE going to use MY blog as a journal...

But he's right. I have missed a couple big events over the past month or so. Summer + 4 kids has taken it's tole on me. Blogging has been at the bottom of the list. We're heading off to Utah for a little vacation so I better get semi-caught up before we leave.

Nash's Blessing:

Precious. He is such a good baby. Not perfect. Not a great sleeper, yet. But he's just so sweet. His blessing was... great. The blessing part was fantastic. Seth is an amazing father and we were blessed to have Seth's dad, my dad, our brother-in-law Brandon, my brother Bj, and a few friends (Christian Newitt, Steve Harper and Ben McAvoy) there to stand in on the blessing.

The stress and drama that seems to go with having large family get togethers is almost not worth the effort some times. I love my family very much. I love Seth's family very much. Both families in my house at the same time is overwhelming to me.

So overwhelming that the only pictures I got were of him sleeping in his car seat (before all the family arrived). I need to get the good pictures from my mother-in-law. But this will do for now. Isn't he adorable. I made that bow tie. It was super easy. Well super easy once I got the size figured out. I made about 6 of them in the process.




Miss McKay Turns Seven!:
I can't believe my baby girl is 7! Not sure why that is shocking seeing as how I've only been married for just over 8 years and we just had our 4th child but its still crazy to me. She has been my challenge the last few months, my sweet little girl has started to develop some serious attitude. She reminds me a lot of me at about 12... that's 5 years early but maybe I just don't remember me at 7. She's still a great girl. She loves her baby brother and will be a great mommy some day. She's a great mommy right now, only problem is this family can only handle one mommy at a time. Seth and I were sneaking a quick, innocent kiss in the kitchen the other day and she told us to "get a room." I'm pretty sure she doesn't really know what that means but it's so par for the course with her, always reprimanding and correcting us.

For her birthday we took her and 3 friends to the drive-in to see Kung Fu Panda 2. It was kind of a good idea. They all got tired about half way through and half of them were sleeping by the time we got them home. But it was fun. And way less expensive than taking them all to the actual movies.


1 comment:

hapi said...

Hi Denise, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!