These first few pictures are meant to be at the end of this post but I am too tired of trying to move them around. So just pretend. Or don't. Whatever.
Nana Laura and Papa Craig's 21st grandchild!
Just a quick summary of Nash's glorious entrance into our lives
Thursday, April 28, 2011
3:00am - phone rings... seth stares at the phone for 2 full rings until I say "seth either answer it or hand it to me" (he was a little confused.) They (the hospital) tell us that they have room for us and can we come in now.
3:55 am - stop at mcdonalds for a power breakfast but they don't serve breakfast until 4:00am so a cheeseburger will have to do. (note the time, and they had to make our fries and burger, heaven forbid they make a sausage mcmuffin pre-breakfast)
4:05 am - check in and put on the stylish hospital garb then try to nap until they are ready to get this all going.
5:30 am - pitocin started.
6:30 am - water broken.
7:30 am - contractions getting "fun."
8:30 am - EPIDURAL!!! Nothing better. Time to nap.
11:00 am - blood pressure too low (low blood pressure feels SO good, its super relaxing and comfortable to me. I only experience it during labor but I rather enjoy it.) Ephedrin (sp) added to IV cocktail. Racing heart and shaky hands not as relaxing but more productive apparently.
12:20 pm - Dilated to an 8 and sleeping. (like I said "gotta love a good epidural)
12:36 pm - Nash finally arrives! 7lbs 7 oz, 21.5 inches long and SPITTING MAD!
Can you believe I am posting not one but two pictures of me in the hospital... I know pretty brave, huh?
FINALLY! They have been so excited. And they are so good with him. Kimball holds him every chance she can get and will sit there for as long as you'll let her.
Proud Nana... Nash is her lucky number 13!
So there you have it. My beautiful baby is here. He is a sweet little angel. He sleeps a ton and only eats when he is good and ready (every two hours is just not his schedule. More like every 3-4 and sometimes more like 5-6). So far so good. I'll let you know how things are next week when my mom goes home and Seth goes out of town for 3 days. Ugh. I will be strong! Hopefully.
10 comments:
Denise, when everyone leaves that's when you call us to have the older 3 kids come over for loooong playdates. Seriously.
Congratulations! So happy for you guys!
Congratulations! What a sweet baby. Soak it all in.
Hurray! So glad he made it safe and sound. Epidurals, gotta love modern science. I was induced with all 4. You look beautiful. Hang in there, the first 2 weeks were always the hardest for me. Don't forget to ask for help while Seth is gone, your sister at church would love to help you out.
I know! I hate moving pictures around on my posts. I've found that copy and paste works fastest to move them.
I love those first few bleary weeks. sleeping with the bathroom light on so I can see everything in the middle of the night, getting waited on. don't love the first few weeks of nursing though.
Congratulations! He looks perfect! Wish I was closer to take your kids for you. Hope mom and baby are doing well. Loves.
Congrats Aveys!!! Enjoy!!
Congratulations on Baby Nash!!!
Congrats on Baby Nash, He is cute and looks like he fits right in with the clan.
Another cute Avey! With just having our firsts, I am completely in awe of you moms! Glad to see everything going well..
Post a Comment