Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I'm typing with a newborn laying in my lap. It's precious and sweet. He is precious and sweet. I could put him down or give him to Seth but I'm loving him. Seth just said "do you want me to take him so you can blog?" Um, no.

Yesterday was an amazing Mother's Day. Not so much because of what happened or what I got or how I was treated, although all those things were pretty awesome too. I just had a sweet day, a day where I really felt like all I do as a mother is so worth it because I have this amazing family and I get to watch these sweet little angels grow up right under my feet, albeit literally. I felt so proud yesterday. Not proud of myself but proud of what I have. (That's OK right, to be proud of the things and people that I am surrounded by? I think it is.)

Nash has been such a blessing. He's really made me stop and think about how fast they grow and how much I miss out on when I spend my days worrying about the "little things." I'm trying to be better about that. So what if the house is a mess all day (I usually try to get it picked up and looking "better" before Seth gets home.) Sitting and reading a book to Luc or watching CakeBoss with Kimball is time well spent. It means more to all of us than a spotless living room.

I have been blessed with really good kids. The older ones have just been amazing with Nash. (can I call 3, 5 and 7 "older ones"?) Kimball holds him for hours everyday and will do anything I ask of her if it in any way benefits her "little buddy". It's so sweet. Luc has a new-found freedom. It's called "doing whatever I want because mom is busy with that new little baby." He loves it. I sit and nurse while I listen to him playing dinosaurs or cars or whatever and his imagination is hilarious. McKay has been a little less affected by him. She loves him but not for as long or as intently as Kimball but she's great with him. She tells us she wants to be a mommy someday but only if she doesn't have to get married or kiss a boy... We'll talk about that one in a few years.

Anyway, I was just feeling extremely blessed and wanted to make sure I put it all down "on paper" lest I forget how amazing my life is. (I might need to come read this after a 3 am feeding when Nash is more awake than he is all day or when Luc screams out nonsense in the middle of the night and can't be consoled. That's when I will need to be reminded that all of this is such a sweet blessing.)

1 comment:

Breanne said...

Whoa, you've really updated here & I need to catch up! :) See, even if we don't end up getting together, I still keep up on the blog :)

But I just wanted to say that I love this post. It makes me and I assume anyone else who reads this just think about the same wonderful things.
Thanks for sharing.