My third is three. Can't believe it. He is such a joy. I'm not sure if it's me being more laid back (wasn't sure that was possible since I've always been pretty lax) but I feel like I've allowed myself to really enjoy him. More than I did with the girls. Not that I didn't enjoy them but it's definitely different with this little guy.
For prosperity's sake here are a few things about our little Luc-erton:
- He's super tough. Way tougher than the girls and it's awesome. Very little phases him (ie. running into walls, falling down stairs, whatever) and if it does phase him it's not for very long.
- He's so quick to say thank you and sorry. He's got those two down pat.
- He loves his Uncle Tate. He couldn't care less who else will be in attendance at family events as long as Uncle Tate will be there.
- He's funny. He takes after Kimball. If he sad or grumpy just say "bum" and he can't help but start laughing. It's funny most of the time.
- He's got a speech problem. Not like diagnosed or anything but I think we may be headed that route because it's more and more often that I am realizing that Seth and I are the only ones that understand him
- He's my little buddy. He HATES shopping but with the right bribes he will appease me for the whole 2.5 hours that Kimball is at preschool. Such a trooper.
- He loves the color BLUE. Ugh. Being an avid Utah fan I am not fond of the color blue. I think my children should all choose red as their favorite color. But Luc may be a wayward soul, he insists on things being blue, to the extent that he wants the heat dial in the car turned to the "blue one" and he only uses cold water in public restrooms. Is he destined to go to that other school? Please, no.
- He is all boy and I love it. He can make car noises and gun noises and likes to tackle and wrestle and get nice and grubby dirty. Its a nice change from pretty little princesses.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUKEY LUC-EE! WE LOVE YOU!
3 comments:
Ahhhh. Look at how grown up that little redheaded boy of yours is. So sweet.
Gotta love that Luc!
I think by the time Kevra came, I had figured out how to enjoy them more and not me in such a hurry. Maybe because he is your first boy, like Kevra was my first girl. DOn't know, but happy bday to Luc.
I do have insite into speech issues and I suggest that you contact the school district speech office to have him tested. Don't wait until he is school age, if he qualifies he can start now with speech therapy, may even qualify for preschool too and it is all free. You already paid for it with your taxes. I realized I was the only person who could understand Brendon when he was about 2 1/2. My dr said to have him tested, he qualified and went to preschool in connection with the therapy. He was in speech therapy until he was in 5th grade. You would never know it now. They can do wonderful things. He may not need it, he may have normal issues that he will outgrow, but you will feel better to get him tested. It doesn't cost a thing and is worth so much to him and you. Sorry so long, but I have a stron opinion on this topic:)
Post a Comment